Game Storage Room - Item Toggle Red/Green Arrow Icons
What do the Red Arrows and Green Arrows mean that you can toggle on an item in the Storage Room - Info window?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(16-06-2014, 08:03 PM)Sanctume Wrote: What do the Red Arrows and Green Arrows mean that you can toggle on an item in the Storage Room - Info window?

Hello, welcome to our dungeons Sanctume. Smile

It is a new feature presented by Rasmus in this thread: http://forum.dwelvers.com/showthread.php?tid=923 and means:

(10-06-2014, 08:32 PM)Rasmus Wrote:
Handling goods in storage rooms

I know there have been a lot of requests of being able to store certain items in certain storage rooms. Now I have finally buckled down and started working on it. When clicking room info in a storage room you will get this now:

[IMG]replace_photbucket_link/Storage.jpg[/IMG]

Under the headline storage you will see all items that can be stored in this storage room, you will also get a nice overlook over how many items of each type there is stored in the room.

If clicking on one of the item types they will toggle between three states:

State 1 - Store

This state works just as it does now, nothing new about this one.

State 2 - Take out of storage room

This state will stop storing this particular item type and deliver it forward to other storage rooms that have room for it and that have a different state on this item type than "Take out of storage room". There is one thing to watch out for when using this state, it is that if there are rooms connected to this storage room that needs flour for example and that flour is marked with this state, then these rooms will never get any flour. First I thought that I could make it so that it didn't took away all items if a room connected to it needs it, but I don't think the player would put a item in this state in a situation like this.

A side note. If a storage room don't want flour for example, it will still allow transportation of flour between storage rooms if it is centred in the middle.

State 3 - Take in too storage room

This state will deliver all items not reserved by other storage rooms to this storage room. All rocks for example that are not used for anything other than buildingsites will get transported to this storage room. If several storage room has this option available the items will get split between them when they are being delivered. A storage room that already has all the rocks will hold on to them if this state is selected, even if other storage rooms has this state selected as well.

Storage rooms that has rooms connected to them that needs items like flour for example will override this state. They will get flour delivered to them, but only the lowest amount possible.

Additional buttons

As you can see in the screenshot there are three buttons in the bottom right of the corner as well, clicking these will set all items to the selected state.
Spec: Win 10, ATI 7800 HD, res: 1280x1024x75. I support The Venus Project & Resource-Based Economy
Is it possible that this is still not working "perfect"?
Sometimes it takes up to 15min or more up my Imps begin to shift the resources correctly.
I would say that it has to do with prioritizing and work load. If you assign more imps to the storage room will they shift the resources faster then?
Yeah, when I notice a location to start to get clogged, I double the Imps on that storage room until they get caught up.
(17-06-2014, 01:55 AM)Rasmus Wrote: I would say that it has to do with prioritizing and work load. If you assign more imps to the storage room will they shift the resources faster then?

Yes this has solved my issue.
I hope it gets better after these ideas:-) Brainstorm - Speed up the imps

My minions are pretty lazyCool
(17-06-2014, 05:54 AM)TopperHarley Wrote:
(17-06-2014, 01:55 AM)Rasmus Wrote: I would say that it has to do with prioritizing and work load. If you assign more imps to the storage room will they shift the resources faster then?

Yes this has solved my issue.
I hope it gets better after these ideas:-) Brainstorm - Speed up the imps

My minions are pretty lazyCool

Actually I think there is another issue involved here as well, something that I implemented to lessen the load on the cpu, but I did it wrong.. When the camera isn't over the imps they will become a little more lazy, this is not what I intended. This should only work on neutral creatures that only do tasks for the purpose of visual candy.