Solved & Confirmed 0.7d - Resolution list empty in the launcher
The resolution dropdown list is empty.
I have only 1 screen, every drivers up to date.

win8.1 64 bit
GTX 770

is there any config file where i could force the resolution to 1920x1080 in the meantime ?

Thanks
Computers are like air-conditionners, they stop working properly when you open Windows...
Hmm, this bug has been reported before, but it was entangled with another bug report that got solved, therefore I missed it Sad

Here is a link with a description on how to override it:
http://forum.dwelvers.com/showthread.php...05#pid7205

Added to the list of Bugs/Issues & Crashes.
I've noticed that whenever I exit the game, a different resolution from the one I use gets selected on the dropdown menu. It's always the same, and I always have to set it back right, even if I use the save button or not. I didn't noticed this on 0.7c, just recently.
Quote:I've noticed that whenever I exit the game, a different resolution from the one I use gets selected on the dropdown menu. It's always the same, and I always have to set it back right, even if I use the save button or not. I didn't noticed this on 0.7c, just recently.

I've been getting this exact same issue myself.

and Welcome to the forum! Cool
[Image: 11619898803_7d3a89e6bd_n.jpg]
The Golden One!
Ok, editing the xml and launching Dwelvers twice gets the job done, nice to play in 1920x1080 ^^ thanks ! Smile
Computers are like air-conditionners, they stop working properly when you open Windows...
Good to know that it is hackable at least Smile
(18-06-2014, 02:52 AM)Excess Wrote: I've noticed that whenever I exit the game, a different resolution from the one I use gets selected on the dropdown menu.
I've just noticed that when closing the game, not only the resolution selected changes, but it cycles through a lot of resolutions before settling, in my case, on 1400x1050 (15th position), when the one I use, the last one on my list, is 1680x1050 (18th position).

Perhaps it's relevant?.

SU, does your launcher settles for 1400x1050 too?
Not sure, it doesn't display any resolutions so I'm guessing it's using my system default resolution...
The Golden One!
So I have grown a little tired off this bug, I am not that used to using c# but I can't find a good tutorial on how to get all possible resolutions from all graphic cards and monitors.

There is a function in c# that gets all the possible resolutions on the primary monitor, and that is the one I have been using up until now, I also made it so that the resolution list would update if the user decided to change the primary monitor in windows while the launcher is running. But as this bug report shows this isn't enough. There are obviously some flaws with it, I don't know if it is my coding skills or that the function shouldn't be used for this purpose. My main suspicion is that the function that I call to get all the possible resolutions don't work as it should if there are multiple graphiccards and multiple monitors involved.

So instead of growing bald trying to solve this issue and find a bug which I can't reproduce on my own computer I added a custom list in the drop box with the most used resolutions out there. But as I can't list all possible resolutions on all possible graphiccards and monitors because the list would be endless I added an extra button where the user can type in a custom resolution that will be used in the game.

If a resolution is chosen that the monitor or graphiccard don't support it will automatically choose the closest supported resolution to this one. I know that this isn't how it should be handled professionally, but as the user in worst case only have to enter a couple of numbers which takes a couple of seconds I think we can live with it for now.

Here is a screenshot on how it looks now:

[IMG]replace_photbucket_link/CustomResolution.png[/IMG]
So you can even set 3x3 or 666x3456? Big Grin
Maybe just add some more resolution options instead? All of them are enlisted in the net (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Display_resolution). Common people that use computer only for games could have problem with checking or remembering what resolution they have. Smile
Spec: Win 10, ATI 7800 HD, res: 1280x1024x75. I support The Venus Project & Resource-Based Economy
@Rasmus: I think that's a perfectly viable solution. Most games I know of have usually had a list of the most common/likely resolutions, probably for just that reason. However, I did think of one option you could consider, try keeping a count of how many restitutions your function returns and it it returns 0 possible resolutions, then you could use the fix as a back-up so there are at least some standard resolutions available in the drop list, rather then a blank list, but for those machines where the resolution getter does work, you'd have a GPU specific resolution list.
The Golden One!
(03-07-2014, 06:42 AM)Sebt Wrote: So you can even set 3x3 or 666x3456? Big Grin
Maybe just add some more resolution options instead? All of them are enlisted in the net (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Display_resolution). Common people that use computer only for games could have problem with checking or remembering what resolution they have. Smile

It will list all the common resolutions as well, the custom resolution option is just if the player don't find the resolution he wants. If the player chooses a custom 3x3 resolution the game will not accept it but instead find the closest supported resolution.

I can't list all resolutions there are out there, that list in insanely long.

(03-07-2014, 08:11 AM)Seriously Unserious Wrote: @Rasmus: I think that's a perfectly viable solution. Most games I know of have usually had a list of the most common/likely resolutions, probably for just that reason. However, I did think of one option you could consider, try keeping a count of how many restitutions your function returns and it it returns 0 possible resolutions, then you could use the fix as a back-up so there are at least some standard resolutions available in the drop list, rather then a blank list, but for those machines where the resolution getter does work, you'd have a GPU specific resolution list.

I thought about that, but it can leave room for errors as there have been reports on missing resolutions, therefore I think it is better to just keep to a fixed list. This list will fit 99% of all monitors, the custom option are just there for the remaining 1%.
I see. Good solution. I wonder if possible to write a code that would find user's resolution automatically - like in net browsers -6 and show as chosen by game as suitable for player's screen resolution and inform him/her that's chosen according to screen resolution settings in Desktop Properties.
Spec: Win 10, ATI 7800 HD, res: 1280x1024x75. I support The Venus Project & Resource-Based Economy
I think offering a way to manually put the resolution is the way to go. As long as the game handles it, more control to the player is a good thing, especially when wanting a custom resolution for windowed mode.
(04-07-2014, 10:36 AM)Yamitatsu Wrote: I think offering a way to manually put the resolution is the way to go. As long as the game handles it, more control to the player is a good thing, especially when wanting a custom resolution for windowed mode.
How cool could it be having half the screen with Dwelvers and the other half with whatever work you should be doing instead of playing? Big Grin