Yay!
Meh.
Nah...
[Show Results]

Image My take on the name
Excess Offline
Realm Conqueror

My take on the name
I was bored and wanted to exercise my mad illustrator and photoshop skillz Tongue

[Image: eidQoom.png]
20-06-2014 02:05 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Sebt Offline
The Evil Admin
Evil Admins

RE:
Looks really nice, D look like croissant . Smile
Why logo? Big Grin
I support The Venus Project & Resource-Based Economy - The feasible plan to get rid of scarcity, poverty, and other incoming global issues.
(This post was last modified: 20-06-2014 12:31 PM by Sebt.)
20-06-2014 08:28 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
burningpet Offline
Game & Graphics Designer
Dwelvers Game Designers

RE:
I like it.
I have a few issues with it though. the rounded font gives it an eastern feel which doesn't belong to the game, the bevel/emboss doesn't work here, especially when it softened and not chisel hard. and the semi slant to right slightly bothers me.

But as i said, i like it, a lot.

Well, my wife says that its better than mine (some wife Big Grin) so if more people like it, i have no objection in changing the logo.
(This post was last modified: 20-06-2014 08:49 AM by burningpet.)
20-06-2014 08:48 AM
DrBoom Offline
Realm Conqueror

RE:
I personally like the original logo. I like the extended tail that comes off the "S" in the original better. I do not like the "D" in this new proposed logo.
20-06-2014 12:42 PM
Excess Offline
Realm Conqueror

RE: My take on the name
(20-06-2014 08:28 AM)Sebt Wrote:  Looks really nice, D look like croissant . Smile
Why logo? Big Grin
Thanks, now I'm hungry Smile
Why a logo you ask? Well, it's easy really... I suck at drawing, so I have to settle for designing letters, which I love.

(20-06-2014 08:48 AM)burningpet Wrote:  I like it.
I have a few issues with it though. the rounded font gives it an eastern feel which doesn't belong to the game, the bevel/emboss doesn't work here, especially when it softened and not chisel hard. and the semi slant to right slightly bothers me.

But as i said, i like it, a lot.

Well, my wife says that its better than mine (some wife Big Grin) so if more people like it, i have no objection in changing the logo.
Thanks, I really appreciate it.
I tried the chisel hard emboss, but it didn't work out because as you said is too curvy, too eastern looking. So I went for a more organic, "impy" look. I like how it ended up looking, but again, as you said, it doesn't have that "dwelvers" feel to it. But your comment inspired me to try something I haven't done in a long time, a fusion between hard and soft. BACK TO THE DRAWING BOA... errmm... SCREEN!

(20-06-2014 12:42 PM)DrBoom Wrote:  I personally like the original logo. I like the extended tail that comes off the "S" in the original better. I do not like the "D" in this new proposed logo.
Then you are in luck, because it was just an exercise, I'm not trying to replace Burningpet's work Tongue
But I'll play with the tail a little bit more, just for fun.
20-06-2014 04:48 PM
Club Sandbox Offline
Belgian Game Vlogger

RE:
Dwelvers + Sims =
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-q6UFBd8T-bA/T5...7+sins.jpg

Sinselvers xD !
Sorry but your logo remain mee some of my "young funny game experience"... Big Grin
I don't know why but that remember it lol maybe the "S" .
~ French Fan site Community, manager.
[Image: 195677userbarfactoriofofoxav.png]
~ Looking for Sandbox games ? look my Blog or youtube (Eng sub soon)
[Image: 176032userbarclubsandboxxavfofo.png]
(This post was last modified: 21-06-2014 12:12 AM by Club Sandbox.)
21-06-2014 12:11 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Excess Offline
Realm Conqueror

(20-06-2014 04:48 PM)Excess Wrote:  
I have a few issues with it though.
[...] your comment inspired me to try something I haven't done in a long time, a fusion between hard and soft.

(20-06-2014 12:42 PM)DrBoom Wrote:  I like the extended tail that comes off the "S" in the original better.

And here it is, it was fun doing it Tongue

[Image: 5JmsnHI.png]
21-06-2014 04:57 AM
Sebt Offline
The Evil Admin
Evil Admins

RE:
Hmm, s - looks like scythe (Horned Reaper inspiration?), shape of letters looks more angular which IMO looks better. Maybe logo could have more reddish accent? Anyway you are good at making graphics. Smile +2
I support The Venus Project & Resource-Based Economy - The feasible plan to get rid of scarcity, poverty, and other incoming global issues.
(This post was last modified: 21-06-2014 07:59 AM by Sebt.)
21-06-2014 07:58 AM
Seriously Unserious Offline
The Ninja Dinosaur

(21-06-2014 04:57 AM)Excess Wrote:  
[...] your comment inspired me to try something I haven't done in a long time, a fusion between hard and soft.

(20-06-2014 12:42 PM)DrBoom Wrote:  I like the extended tail that comes off the "S" in the original better.

I love this version. I wasn't too keen on the original design either.

Would you be interested in helping me out with a logo for a new website I'm setting up?
[Image: 11619898803_7d3a89e6bd_n.jpg]
The Golden One!
21-06-2014 08:09 AM
burningpet Offline
Game & Graphics Designer
Dwelvers Game Designers

(21-06-2014 04:57 AM)Excess Wrote:  

Much much better! can i see a version without the outer glow and with the texture toned down?
(This post was last modified: 21-06-2014 12:04 PM by burningpet.)
21-06-2014 11:58 AM
burningpet Offline
Game & Graphics Designer
Dwelvers Game Designers

(21-06-2014 12:11 AM)Club Sandbox Wrote:  Dwelvers + Sims =
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-q6UFBd8T-bA/T5...7+sins.jpg

Sinselvers xD !
Sorry but your logo remain mee some of my "young funny game experience"... Big Grin
I don't know why but that remember it lol maybe the "S" .

Damn. and there i was thinking i am clever for making the S have a devil's tail Sad
21-06-2014 11:59 AM
Excess Offline
Realm Conqueror

(21-06-2014 07:58 AM)Sebt Wrote:  Hmm, s - looks like scythe (Horned Reaper inspiration?), shape of letters looks more angular which IMO looks better. Maybe logo could have more reddish accent? Anyway you are good at making graphics. Smile +2
Thanks. I spent the same amount of time with that damned S than I did with all the other letters combined. That extended tail was a real challenge; not the tail per se, but having it combine smoothly with the S.
I'll add more red, it ended up kind of "orangey", didn't it?

(21-06-2014 08:09 AM)Seriously Unserious Wrote:  Would you be interested in helping me out with a logo for a new website I'm setting up?
Sure, shoot me a PM and I'll see what I can do.

(21-06-2014 11:58 AM)burningpet Wrote:  Much much better! can i see a version without the outer glow and with the texture toned down?
Sure thing.

[Image: 1AHWPdR.png]
21-06-2014 04:25 PM
Sebt Offline
The Evil Admin
Evil Admins

RE:
Glowing made that more magical, power, but looks really nice. I wonder if one of the letter could look a little like pickaxe (the would be the easiest to remade), but maybe that would be too much aMD BTW maybe with less red color looked better, just was curious how would it look with more red. Big Grin
Have you got any other works, maybe deviantart account or something? Smile

If someone would like to change its mind can undo votes.
(This post was last modified: 21-06-2014 05:12 PM by Sebt.)
21-06-2014 05:08 PM
burningpet Offline
Game & Graphics Designer
Dwelvers Game Designers

RE:
I think it looks better without the outer glow. i'd even suggest removing the black shadow and extending the choke on the inner glow a bit to make it more sharp.

But yeah, as i said, it looks good. i'll have a talk with Rasmus, see what he thinks. (i persume he is busy sacrificing people in his awesome holyday)
21-06-2014 08:41 PM
Excess Offline
Realm Conqueror

(21-06-2014 05:08 PM)Sebt Wrote:  I wonder if one of the letter could look a little like pickaxe
Uhmm... maybe the L? I'm afraid that people will confuse it with a T if I make it into a pickaxe. Perhaps if I differentiate the iron part with another color it would be enough? I don't know, I'll try it but don't get your hopes up Big Grin

(21-06-2014 05:08 PM)Sebt Wrote:  Have you got any other works, maybe deviantart account or something? Smile
Unfortunately no, it's more of a hobby than anything.

(21-06-2014 08:41 PM)burningpet Wrote:  I think it looks better without the outer glow. i'd even suggest removing the black shadow and extending the choke on the inner glow a bit to make it more sharp.

I forgot about the drop shadow, I was gonna make something with it but I think I can do it with the Bevel instead and it'll even look better, more subtle; I'll try to do it today. In the meantime I've "choked" it a little bit more Big Grin

[Image: Ssr8CBC.png]

I'm gonna send you the psd file so you can play around with it. The texture I used is a default one from Photoshop, it's something we can surely improve.

EDIT: This is what I had in mind with the shadow thing...

[Image: E1lDAZY.gif]

...it's supposed to be a shaky shadow generated by a fire Big Grin That's why all the inner glows, bevels and drop shadows I've used where pointing upwards, as I've always envisioned the logo as being above the dungeon, thus, receiving the torch/fire light from below.
Unfortunately, the bevel alone didn't make it very noticeable, and the effect is almost completely lost on dark backgrounds.
(This post was last modified: 21-06-2014 10:42 PM by Excess.)
21-06-2014 10:06 PM