Pass:     
Help Register

Video New Dwelvers video from mag0ca
Rasmus Offline
Main developer of Dwelvers
Dwelvers Developers

New Dwelvers video from mag0ca
Really cool video!

I did notice one thing, it is that I really need to put up a warning system if the player occupies all the tiles in a room so that no room flag can be placed. In this case it was the storage room in the end.
27-06-2014 04:02 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mag0ca Offline
Game Vlogger

RE:
Nice video if I do say so myself Big Grin

Thank you Rasmus for opening this thread, I tend to forget to do these myself Sad
I'm going to be doing more of these i'm sure, though I tend to start playing and forget to record (addicted much) Tongue

Keep up the great work to all the team
27-06-2014 04:12 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
burningpet Offline
Game & Graphics Designer
Dwelvers Game Designers

RE:
And we might need two more things that this video made me realize - if you try building chairs in the Bar, it should say in red on top of your cursor that the chair needs a built table next to it, and, there should be a warning if an imp can't find a path (or force the fence to be built on a projected path? (by using the dotted line as the projected path)
(This post was last modified: 27-06-2014 04:16 PM by burningpet.)
27-06-2014 04:14 PM
mag0ca Offline
Game Vlogger

RE:
Those would be nice additions. a bit more indication of what I'm doing wrong is always welcome Big Grin
27-06-2014 04:19 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Rasmus Offline
Dwelvers Developers

RE: New Dwelvers video from mag0ca
(27-06-2014 04:19 PM)mag0ca Wrote:  Those would be nice additions. a bit more indication of what I'm doing wrong is always welcome Big Grin

Haha, we are always here for you Wink
But what I really like about videos like this is that it is extremely useful seeing others play Dwelvers, when I play it myself I follow the same pattern every time and miss obvious flaws in the game.
27-06-2014 06:08 PM
Sebt Offline
The Evil Admin
Evil Admins

RE:
Hi and welcome to our dungeons mag0ca. Big Grin

I like the audio and video quality of your recordings and... hehe who could though tutorials could be hard, huh? Well we're to brake any stereotype, but of course our development processes are very flexible and everything could be changed if players would demand it. Smile

+4 for great video, I liked when you said that in your mind Dwelvers is a proper spiritual successor of Dungeon Keeper, keep it up. Smile

BTW, maybe tooltips could have 2-3 times less transparency?
I support The Venus Project & Resource-Based Economy - The feasible plan to get rid of scarcity, poverty, and other incoming global issues.
(This post was last modified: 27-06-2014 08:37 PM by Sebt.)
27-06-2014 08:33 PM
mag0ca Offline
Game Vlogger

RE:
Thank you I'm glad you liked it Smile

I like that the tutorial can actually be failed it sets the tone and forces you to learn. All too often games give a tutorial that can't be failed and you just walk through it then find yourself being hit by a truck that you weren't prepared for. In this you get hit by the truck off the bat before spending hours on your setup to just have it wiped out.

I think the transparency is fine for the tooltips, but more would be nice Tongue there are some buttons that I have no idea what they do lol
27-06-2014 09:11 PM
Mello Tonin Offline
Guru O' Mello

RE:
Nice vid! I got a chuckle every time the DM was chastising your production chain. I get those a lot too Tongue
28-06-2014 06:56 PM
mag0ca Offline
Game Vlogger

RE:
Thanks Big Grin I get yelled at a lot by NPC's it's really funny at times to just let them rage (one day A dev will make them rage quit). though in this case I'm just far too shiny and new. I'm slightly better now Wink
28-06-2014 07:08 PM
Rasmus Offline
Dwelvers Developers

RE:
Thanks again for the video, as I said earlier, seeing others play the game helps me see the flaws in the game. So now I have added a warning system in the next version if a room gets so filled with buildings that a room flag can't be put down.
29-06-2014 02:54 AM
Seriously Unserious Offline
The Ninja Dinosaur

RE:
Great video Mag0ca. A couple of times you got me laughing at your reactions to the orc's loud belches too! Big Grin Also, judging by the big red maple leaf in the corner you're a fellow Canadian?

I agree, there needs to be more info on what's needed to get a room working. ATM that is kind of left for people to just muddle through...
[Image: 11619898803_7d3a89e6bd_n.jpg]
The Golden One!
29-06-2014 04:09 AM
mag0ca Offline
Game Vlogger

RE:
Rasmus that's great and will help a lot, since you mentioned that I've gone back and made sure all my rooms have a free spot for the flag Big Grin

Seriously Unserious I am Canadian, the maple leaf was just a placeholder as I was too lazy to make a logo but it felt right so I kept it Smile always nice to meet a fellow canuck Smile
29-06-2014 10:01 AM
The Ninja Dinosaur

RE: New Dwelvers video from mag0ca
(29-06-2014 10:01 AM)mag0ca Wrote:  Rasmus that's great and will help a lot, since you mentioned that I've gone back and made sure all my rooms have a free spot for the flag Big Grin

Seriously Unserious I am Canadian, the maple leaf was just a placeholder as I was too lazy to make a logo but it felt right so I kept it Smile always nice to meet a fellow canuck Smile

HAHAHABig Grin interesting choice of words there, not only am I a canuck, but also a Canucks fan... Cool Although right now the Lions are my main team for the summer. Smile As you might have guessed by now, I'm from the west coast. Smile
The Golden One!
30-06-2014 07:12 AM
mag0ca Offline
Game Vlogger

RE:
LOL I normally don't use the word canuck but somehow it seemed fitting, now I know why Big Grin

Not really into sports myself (ya i'm one of those rare Canadians that doesn't follow hockey) Blush but most people near me are Maple Leafs fans Undecided
30-06-2014 06:56 PM
The Ninja Dinosaur

RE:
Ah, must be the Toronto area then... or at least somewhere in southern Ontario. Wink
The Golden One!
03-07-2014 08:02 AM