Dwelvers Forum

Full Version: 0.8g - Game Crashes with Runtime Error whenever I try to play
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Have tried uninstalling and reinstalling a couple of times, No luck. Anyone else with this problem or a fix?

Specs:
Win 7
Intel i5 2500 2.2ghz
8 gig RAM
Nvidia GTX 580 Ti

Bug report attached.
Can you give more detailed information about when the runtime error occurs? Is it with the splash screen, or in the intro, or in the menu, or when loading the level, or when the level has loaded and the game has started?

Are there any information in message box with the runtime error?

Thanks Smile
(11-01-2015, 08:58 PM)Rasmus Wrote: [ -> ]Can you give more detailed information about when the runtime error occurs? Is it with the splash screen, or in the intro, or in the menu, or when loading the level, or when the level has loaded and the game has started?

Are there any information in message box with the runtime error?

Thanks Smile

When the game is loading, before I get a chance to start a game. There is no extra information about the error message apart from it is a Microsoft Visual C++ error box.
Bit more messing around and discovered the game works if I am not in Windowed mode.
That was a turn around, I would have said that windowed mode is more solid than fullscreen mode. Either way there is an issue with the fullscreen mode so if I fix that issue it is possible that this one will be fixed as well.
Also try lowering your graphics quality at the loader. I've noticed on one of the computers I play on that I have had to reduce the graphics quality to play. I believe that is associated with a known issue regarding graphic memory usage.
I am getting a little closer to the issue. Some graphic cards has a very small amount of memory and windows is using up the most part of it. When the graphic memory is used up it will start using the cpu ram memory, in this way graphiccards with low memory can play more demanding games. But as Dwelvers is a 32 bit application the cpu memory usage can not exceed 1024 mb, and it does. I noticed that Dwelvers didn't use more than 256 mb cpu ram memory when I played it on my NVIDIA card, but when playing it on the Intel card the memory went above > 800 mb before the game warned about low memory and crashed.

I don't know if it is possible to solve this issue so that everyone can play with high texture quality, I think the issue is that I need to make a proper warning system for it so that the player are well aware of where the problem lies and correct the issue by lowering the texture quality instead of posting it as a bug.

I can't say with certainty that the issue for all crashes is of this reason, but once this one is ruled out it will be easier to focus on the remaining crashes.
It is hard to say if this one has been solved with the next version, but if it hasn't you will all have to inform me so that I can return it to unsolved.

Solved with the next version Smile
Solved but need confirmation!