Dwelvers Forum

Full Version: 2014.05.10 - New Stream with Rasmus and Fabian tonight
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Fabian and I will stream our work again tonight at At 19:00 CEST

Fabian will mostly work on his game and show of some of his coding-skills, while I will be doing some modelling on the new Dark Mother. Hopefully BurningPet will drop by also and join the conversation Smile

The link is: http://www.twitch.tv/vikingfabian/
And we are live Smile
Small Update:

We are working on a new sword. rasmus is now unwrapping it so i could paint some texture on it

[Image: WeirdSword.jpg]

[Image: WeirdSword2.jpg]
Well, looks like we are done.

This is how the sword turned out of texturing
[Image: BentSwordFin.jpg]
Nice! The only thing I'm not really 100% on is the leather bindings on the blade surface. From a practical standpoint those could keep me from making a clean slice through something, or worst case, the blade would eventually wear through the bindings. I know it's bein nit-picky as I do sometimes, but what if instead there were notches it could go through just in front of where the blade's edging begins?
Actually, yeah, what you are saying makes a lot of sense.

For the suggestion, the leather goes through holes in the blade?
Result Smile

[IMG]replace_photbucket_link/BentSwordCyclotaur.png[/IMG]

[IMG]replace_photbucket_link/BentSwordOrc.png[/IMG]
Yeah, that's what I was thinkin for the very least the top part. If the blade stopped before it got to the bottom wrapping, then I don't see that would matter since that wouldn't have any sharp edges until the blade edge started again for the hook on the bottom.

Those images look mean! Nice!
Yeah, great work BP. +2.

I agree with MT's comments.

@Pet: what was your inspiration for that blade, the Bat'leth from Star Trek?
Yeah, it started much more similar to the Bat'leth, which was a direct source of inspiration but just as i finished it i decided to break its symmetry a little. afterwords and while modelling, its upper side reminded me of a shark, so i added the fins instead of spikes. (Also, its texture suppose to reflect a shark)
ah, well then you must eat, drink and be merry, for tomorrow is a good day to die. Tongue