The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 895 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.23 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 895 errorHandler->error

Feedback/Modification Game mode - Campaign lvl 1 feedback
The 1st tutorial campaign level looks awesome, cutscenes looks awesome, exactly as I imagined, graphic changes since 0.12 version made game even more lively, everything works very smooth, liked the random tiles that could be dug out optionally and that Impanzee at the end xD, fantastic job. Smile

There are some thing that I would like to see more clarified or just tweaked a little, nothing to add

Technical:
  • Objectives - The only thing that change after you finish the objective is the text, but you may not noticed when it actually changed - what if the next objective could be signalized with something, like a single sound or objective title and acclamation mark could be flashing till the player click on it?;
  • Lvl 1 Intro camera - In the intro when DM is introducing and Imp and Piggeh camera is pointing out to the left than to the right side of DM, however sometimes there's no Imp or no Piggeh there, so camera is just pointing on the wall. Tongue What if you could implement that camera may be locked on target creature? In 1st lvl it could lock on the Imp when you start this campaign and follow it? Than after presenting an Imp the camera could change the target to specific Piggeh, than script unlocks camera for Piggeh and change camera view to the next which is on DM, what do you think?;
  • DM text visibility - I noticed that the text that is a DM speech is a little hard to read because there are other lighter objects nearby like bottom menu. I think if the text could be placed closer to the centre of the screen it would be more noticeable and clear (just where evil meter bar ends would be enough I think). Black text background could also have a little wider padding;
  • DM text longevity - The text that is appearing at the bottom of the screen supposedly to be DM's speech could be displayed for about 3 times longer. It's quite long and we're not given enough time to read it whole;
  • Outro - it's really nice done, the only thing I would change is to replace the colour of transition screen from white to black - white screen was too bright for my eyes. Moreover using black instead of white screen could give a nice transition to "Mission Completed" screen;
  • Camera resets itself when you click on creature - sometimes when you need to find certain creature and you don't want to exit your actual camera position, than it may made it impossible;
  • *Add "First Dig!" achievement - just though maybe we could give an achievement for the first steps in campaign? Achievement could be unlocked only in 1st lvl of campaign when you dig first tiles. This way you will be able to see how many players were actually interested in playing the campaign too.

Feature presentation:
  • Game speed change - I noticed that you can change game speed from 0x to 9x with "-" and "+" keys, but game nowhere told that you can do it - I would either disable that function for lvl 1 or notified the player about that possibility;
  • Mouse Trap - the DM text about Mouse Trap disappears a little too quick for me to read all, but making it appear 3 seconds longer could be enough;
  • Farm Room Gate - a gate that is shown to build on Farm Room faces opposite side that it should;
  • Brewing Vat - is there any creature in lvl 1 that need beer? If not maybe Brewing Vat could be introduced in the same level an Orc is being introduced?.

Questions:
  • 1. Blue Flag - there's no explanation about what are Blue Flag - will they be explained further in next levels where you could manipulate them?;
  • 2. No info about Room Object's cost & no Resource Bar - there's no explanation that each of the Room Object needs certain amount of resources as well as no resource bar is showed - what if instead there could be shown a resource bar that only contains resources that are used to build certain room? - For example when Bar Table is introduced a Resource Bar could appear, but only show amount of Wood you have and than Ropes, stone etc. when each new Room Object is available to build;
  • 3. Peasant animation - do you plan to add some animation for human Peasants so we could see them doing their job on Farmland?
  • 4. Right now in game Main Menu --> Start Game we can see Campaign lvl under Sandbox Mode - do you plan organize campaign levels so to insert "Campaign" above "Sandbox", so when you click on "Campaign" you'll see campaign levels?
Spec: Win 10, ATI 7800 HD, res: 1280x1024x75. I support The Venus Project & Resource-Based Economy

Messages In This Thread
Game mode - Campaign lvl 1 feedback - by Sebt - 10-02-2018, 01:57 PM
RE: Game mode - Campaign lvl 1 feedback - by Sebt - 10-02-2018, 07:52 PM
RE: Game mode - Campaign lvl 1 feedback - by Sebt - 11-02-2018, 09:29 PM