Brainstorm Creature Mechanic - Creature groups and rally flags
First of all, I'm going to link to a thread about a very similar topic: Game Mechanic - Assign Squads

Quote:I would like to see the Items window modified in order to better see what Items by type I have. For instance:

Raw Resources:
[Stone Icon] [Wood Icon] [...] [...] .................

Manufactured Items:
[Bread Icon] [Beer Icon] [...] [...] ...............

Halt All Production [Y/N Checkbox]

Weapons and Armor:
[Axe Icon] [Shield Icon] [...] [...] ..............

Halt All Production [Y/N Checkbox]

O/T or not, I love that suggestion. In fact, if you hadn't suggested that, I would have.

Quote:Quick creature bar
I think this is definitely important, knowing how many creatures I have at a glance is vital info.

Quote:Items bar?
Again, I agree with you, the more I think about how many items are going to be in the game down the road, the more I think that having an items bar would be a bad idea. Or, an items bar could be shown only when using a build tool to show how many of the required items are currently available and how many are needed for construction. Also, as Mellow Tonin said, items could be added to a track items list and those items could be displayed on an items bar as well, so the items bar would only show a very limited number of items and only on an as-needed basis.

Quote:Grouping and Rally Flag
On this topic, I'll re-post my message from another thread here:
Seriously Unserious Wrote:I'd like to see equipment profiles and creature groups (ie squads) be handled separately so it's possible to create squads with a variety of different creatures and equipment sets. If a squad consists of nothing but archers, for example it would be very vulnerable unless another squad, made of of some sort of malee equipment could also be sent to the same place, which would create too much micromanagement in a game not designed to support that level of micromanagement, so a squad would need to have a balanced set of equipment and skills on its own.

So a squad could be assembled by setting how many members of each equipment profile you want in that squad and the game would automatically assign the right number as soon as their available, and any that can't be assigned right away would be handled as vacant slots waiting to be filled, handled by some sort of queue system. Individual creatures should also be able to be assigned to a squad, for cases where you want an experienced member to build the squad around or a creature with special equipment, such as a unique weapon or armor.
[Image: 11619898803_7d3a89e6bd_n.jpg]
The Golden One!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Creature groups and rally flags - by Sebt - 01-04-2014, 02:08 PM
RE: Creature groups and rally flags - by Seriously Unserious - 02-04-2014, 12:34 AM
RE: Creature groups and rally flags - by Rasmus - 02-04-2014, 10:27 AM
RE: Creature groups and rally flags - by Sebt - 02-04-2014, 06:36 PM
RE: Creature groups and rally flags - by Rasmus - 04-04-2014, 05:27 PM
RE: Creature groups and rally flags - by Rasmus - 06-04-2014, 07:01 PM
RE: Creature groups and rally flags - by prof_ion - 07-04-2014, 08:17 PM
RE: Creature groups and rally flags - by Sebt - 08-04-2014, 09:18 AM
RE: Creature groups and rally flags - by Rasmus - 08-04-2014, 09:58 PM
RE: Creature groups and rally flags - by Sebt - 09-04-2014, 05:21 PM
RE: Creature groups and rally flags - by Sebt - 10-04-2014, 09:51 PM
RE: Creature groups and rally flags - by Rasmus - 12-04-2014, 02:09 PM
RE: Creature groups and rally flags - by Sebt - 12-04-2014, 07:36 PM
RE: Creature groups and rally flags - by Rasmus - 16-04-2014, 03:25 AM