Solved & Confirmed 0.7e - Message "Dwelvers.exe is not closed"
Since the last update i have the problem when i quit the game the dwelvers.exe will not closed and the task are inactiv.
I get no log in Event Viewer or other error messages...it just stays that way until I manually kill the process.

All previous versions were ok

[Image: 20-07-201411-13-4637e4f.jpg]

Addition#1
This happens only when i start/load a Level before i quit the game.
When i start the Game an quit the game direct from the Mainmenu (without loading or start a Level) then the game will close correct. strange:-)
Before I make this a bug, are you sure that it isn't closed? I have this problem myself with the task manager, after Dwelvers have been closed I see it still running in the task manager, but if I close the task manager and start it again I can see that Dwelvers is actually closed.
:-) your task manager has fun with you

But im sure the game is closed. My problem is not the process in the background, i have a white screen over the monitor after i quit the game.

[Image: 21-07-201410-42-4189e22.jpg]
I have two monitor an left can you see my wallpaper and on the right side, the dwelvers window hang on a white screen..(in the taskbar you see that the exe/process running)

My Task Manager not fooled me:-)
Added to the list of Bugs/Issues & Crashes Smile
Hmm, if an error comes up after the window has closed it is possible that the closing process halts. I did actually find a issue with a bad memory allocation when Dwelvers were closing so it is possible that this could be the issue... I am not sure, I haven't been able to reproduce the bug, and this error that I found is ignored by my computers, maybe your computer disliked it more than mine.

I will put this one as solved, and we will have to revisit it in the next version if it isn't solved.
I am not noticing this as an issue with version 0.8b. I run on Windows 7, so not sure if the issue was a problem for Windows 8.1 specifically or an issue with the version of Dwelvers.
Lets wait for TopperHarley's report, I think he is the only one that has seen this behaviour.
I will check this after work and edit here my post.

EDIT:
Now with this Version my game closes correctly:-) Good job!

Edit 2:

Damn, after i check this again, my game wont close again.
But as long as the error occurs only with me, it does not bother me.
Maybe it solves a later version or is it really a mistake on my workstation..
OK, possible that anyone else would try to play on multiple screens and won't see this bug, so I'll mark it as Not solved yet.
Spec: Win 10, ATI 7800 HD, res: 1280x1024x75. I support The Venus Project & Resource-Based Economy
(04-09-2014, 08:03 AM)Sebt Wrote: OK, possible that anyone else would try to play on multiple screens and won't see this bug, so I'll mark it as Not solved yet.

Unfortunately, I got this error even if I only have one monitor connectedSad
I don't know what is causing this error... Maybe it will work with the next version...

But I would like to see if the Dwelvers debugger says anything about it when exiting the game from the task manager.
I am not sure if this one is solved. But I have redesigned the code around this issue so I believe it is.

If it is not we will have to return it not solved.
Anyone could confirm this is solved?
Spec: Win 10, ATI 7800 HD, res: 1280x1024x75. I support The Venus Project & Resource-Based Economy
Marked as unsolved because of this post in a different topic:

(08-01-2015, 04:27 PM)Ardilor Wrote: Sometimes the game doesn't close even without Debugger previously open - steam still displays that I'm playing.
So to get one step closer to this issue have been to create an extra window when Dwelvers closes.
First of, when the user closes the game, it will instantly go into windowed mode and hide itself so that it can do all the unloading in the background.
When the unloading / cleaning up has started another window will open showing the log of the unloading procedure. If Dwelvers isn't closing as it should it should be visible in the log where it halts.

[IMG]replace_photbucket_link/ClosingWindow.jpg[/IMG]