Solved & Confirmed 0.8c - Message "A Battle has broken out with a Bridge"
This is a weird one, and the first time I'm seeing this. So I started a new map and I was noticing I kept getting a message that a battle had broken out. Every time I clicked on it to zoom in, there was just one creature there, and I saw no battle. This only appears to be happening around water. One time I zoomed to find one of my bridge pieces had been destroyed. Every time I put it back it gets destroyed, but they still attack that tile when a bridge isn't there. I'm wondering if there isn't a enemy hidden below the water or if it is trying somehow to attack the Fishman I have circled in the image. The red square is where I've seen them attacking. Here is the save file.

[Edit]
So I ended up taking the Portal in the image and the problem has gone away. Hopefully that will help you find the cause of the issue.

[Image: KqMd.png]
Added to the list of Bugs/Issues & Crashes!
Solved with the next version, for some reason your own creatures attacked the bridge. I hope that is the reason anyway, I couldn't see any other unusual behaviour.
Anyone tried to find whether this bug is still with us or not maybe? Smile
Spec: Win 10, ATI 7800 HD, res: 1280x1024x75. I support The Venus Project & Resource-Based Economy
I will download the save file and try to reproduce this one shortly, and let you guys know.
So I tried loading the original save file, and saw the same issue. Thinking about the random equipment bug, I started a new game using the same seed. I get the exact same problem. I really think it has to do with either the Fishman or the portal because that is how I get the problem to go away by taking them out. I noticed before I built the bridge they were having the 'Batlle broken out' dialog pop up. The attackers were stacked up over on the Iron deposits in the image above on the left side of the water where there's 3 next to each other.
Hmm, I will take a look at this again.
Added to the list of Bugs/Issues & Crashes!
I can't reproduce the issue you are describing Mello, maybe it is me not understanding the issue :S But I did found another error that could relate to this problem. It seems like creatures think they can reach doors and other destructible objects by taking a straight path to them, even if a wall is in the way...

I don't know, could you elaborate in detail what I should do to produce the error?
(18-09-2014, 07:19 PM)Rasmus Wrote: I can't reproduce the issue you are describing Mello, maybe it is me not understanding the issue :S But I did found another error that could relate to this problem. It seems like creatures think they can reach doors and other destructible objects by taking a straight path to them, even if a wall is in the way...

I don't know, could you elaborate in detail what I should do to produce the error?

Sounds like issue in Maze when creatures getting stuck if there's cannon behind the wall or other hydraulics.
Spec: Win 10, ATI 7800 HD, res: 1280x1024x75. I support The Venus Project & Resource-Based Economy
Yeah, that is exactly the issue I solved Tongue Couldn't find a topic about it so I just posted it here and hoped that the issues has some relations.
Hello everyone! I'm new here and I have enjoyed the game immensely. Been reading through the forums and came across this bug while I was playing. The reason why our minions are attacking this bridge/spot of water is because there is a chest underneath on the waterbed. I was able to discover this as I was tired of false messages showing up since it was first attempt at hard difficulty, and decided to "mine" down to the bottom to see what they were fighting. If more is needed I a link to where I can provide saves and such. I'm not as tech savvy as some people.
(15-11-2014, 11:25 PM)Mataran Wrote: Hello everyone! I'm new here and I have enjoyed the game immensely. Been reading through the forums and came across this bug while I was playing. The reason why our minions are attacking this bridge/spot of water is because there is a chest underneath on the waterbed. I was able to discover this as I was tired of false messages showing up since it was first attempt at hard difficulty, and decided to "mine" down to the bottom to see what they were fighting. If more is needed I a link to where I can provide saves and such. I'm not as tech savvy as some people.

Welcome to our dungeons Mataran. Smile

I hope the reason of the problem would really be this which could be solved and never seen again. Big Grin
Thanks for report, +2 for you.
I just so happened across this one again in 0.8g. I have circled below the spot where I'm building a Bridge piece, and my creatures are attacking it. The next step I took was to place Fill Dirt in the spot where I was trying to build a Bridge, and was able to fill the space up. I did this just to make sure an enemy wasn't in the water and I just couldn't see it. I then dug up the Fill Dirt and tried to rebuild the Bridge, and again it gets attacked by my creatures. Here is the save file for this game.

[Image: Ssm1.png]

[Edit]

So after going back to this save, I have discovered what is going on in this scenario. First, here is an updated save game to go along with the image below. For some reason the Fishmen I have marked on the image are causing the problem where I am trying to build a bridge where it is circled. After I manage to wipe them out, I am able to build a bridge in that spot without my creatures attacking it. Oddly enough, for some reason those were also affecting the bridge from the first image which is nowhere near them.

I also found that when I was trying to make a bridge to the location I have circled by the Impanzee Lair, my creatures would attack it as well. Hopefully this makes more sense out of the issue.

[Image: SsEj.png]
Thank you Mello +3 to you for being so helpful with this bug.
I hope I have solved it now...

This is what I discovered:
I tried your savegame, and just as you said, after I built the bridge it got attacked. I traced the attack algorithm and discovered that because the area where the bridge is being built is a neutral land, therefore the creature will look for things to destroy in this land. In this case it was the bridge building work. What the creature didn't check was if the work belonged to the same player as he did, therefore he was allowed to attack it.

What I have done now is to disable creatures from attacking building sites, this is because I think it can be abused in the future if the player just spammed new building sites instantly to confuse the enemies.

Solved with the next version.
Dwelvers Alpha 0.8i released, this bug is now solved but it need confirmation (from players) Smile