Solved & Confirmed 0.8d - Visual bugs
Some visual bugs:
[Image: 23wmg7k.jpg]
[Image: 2h2gm1i.jpg]
Not sure if bug, but:
[Image: 343szk4.jpg]
[Image: ofrsd0.jpg]
Hmm I see only the lightning issue in the first screenshot. What is wrong with the others?
In the one with the sell it looks like the smoke for the torch is floating off to the right. The last two I think have to do with how the torches are reflected in water. Not sure the last is a bug, but could be improved on.
Yea, I can see all pictures are about torches and how the light different surfaces showed here or animate smoke. I also noticed that light and smoke from torches is still present for 1-2 seconds when you go instantly to Surface World where there shouldn't be any animations or lights that are coming from underworld.
Spec: Win 10, ATI 7800 HD, res: 1280x1024x75. I support The Venus Project & Resource-Based Economy
Thanks for the clarifications Smile

Added to the list of Bugs/Issues & Crashes!
Solved with the next version!

The water is less specular now, and a torch can not be put on the same tile as well. I also found the issue that torches can burn under water. This has also been fixed!
New version released, but needs confirmation from the players that it really has been solved Smile
[Image: vy7fas.jpg]

Not sure if that one is bug:
[Image: 167oxt0.jpg]
The lighting in the Training Room is now rendering properly in 0.8f.

Tried to reproduce the hovering smoke effect associated with the image with the well, and couldn't. There was another issue that related to torches that overlapped objects which was solved and may be the reason why that can't be reproduced.

So far the lighting from torches seems to be improved with the new textures, but maybe I just didn't notice before.

I think this might be solved, what do you think Ardilor?
Yup, I think it's solved, but I still don't like light mechanics.
Yea, it would be nice if it wasn't a radial glow around the torches, but I think how it displays light and shadow on the surface of the tiles looks pretty keen. You have to zoom in to really see it in detail.
I will work on the light as the game progresses, for now I will mark this one as solved Smile Thank you!