Solved & Confirmed 0.8j-2 - Light and shadow
[Image: 10cq53k.jpg]
[Image: 2cn9tgn.jpg]
[Image: 24x1j85.jpg]
I am not sure what the issue is with the third screenshot?

Added to the list of Bugs/Issues & Crashes!
It looks odd.
[Image: 2n2087q.jpg]
As the creatures see everything from below, they can't see on top of the walls, therefore the fog of war, even if it is very narrow. The same goes for everything that is higher up than the creature looking at it, that is why there are fog of war on the water top as well. I will not fix this because I don't find this odd. If there are others that agrees with you on this point and can come up with a good solution to the issue I can fix it.

I have fixed the lava.

Solved with the next version!
Version 0.8k has been released, this bug needs confirmation from the players Smile
Not seeing this issue anymore so far with either fog of war on or off with the water or lava, but the tops of walls still have a shadow. An interesting thing occurs when you dig out a tile next to a wall that is shadowed and then replace the tile; the shadow on top of the wall goes away in that area.

[Image: UHLC.png]

The tile that I replaced is the Yellow square, and you see the shading on top of the wall circled in Red.
I noticed that too some time ago. Looks like there is fog of war on top wheter you like it or not. Imho, fog could be reworked a bit so that reinforced wall, or just visible walls on top layer doesn't have fog on top. We already know what's there, and there can't be more on top of it. I think if fog were pushed one block behind (talking about top layer only) it would just look more natural. At least my aesthetic sense would approve that better Smile

Let's take DK1. Fog of war is removed from walls and stays one block behind.
[Image: 4-capture_27112007_173942.png]
Okay, I will see if I can put down some more time on it. If I push the fog of war back more than 50% then it should disappear if there are no FOW on the neighbour tiles.

Back to being unsolved!
Looks like water is still showing a shadow in 0.8k2. Didn't notice this with water or lava in 0.8k.

[Image: ULk3.png]
I am pretty sure it was there earlier as well. But it will be fixed!
Not only water generates strange shadows. Larger open spaces also give unusual lightings.
[Image: U4EQKu4.jpg]
Solved with the next version!
Dwelvers version 0.9 released, this bug is solved but need confirmation.
The redesigned Fog of War has fixed this problem.
Thank you!