Solved & Confirmed 0.8k-2 - Fill Dirt on Constructions
Depending on the construction and layer level, constructions are either destroyed with no resource return, or are elevated with the fill dirt. It breaks down like this:

Destroyed at Any Level
  • Doors
  • Stone Fence
  • Pressure Pad
  • Repeater
  • Switch
  • Inverter
  • Counter
  • Canon
  • Dynamite
  • Movable Wall
  • Painting
  • Manacles
  • Fireplate
  • Insignia
  • Stone Bridge

Elevated with Tile
  • Hydrailic Pipes
  • Stairs (Will be destroyed if above top layer)
I think it's not only Dirt that breaks things here. I noticed other constructions also destroy existing improvements and materials.
I'd say it is some blueprint missing check that allow double building and incorrect material calculation.

Bar room chairs, mines and doors can be placed again in the same spot. When built previous instance is destroyed and no materials are returned, but it still consumes new materials during construction.
Stairs are able to buid ontop of room tiles, however doesn't destroy room under it. I think it may be a bug, but i like the possibilities it offers Smile
Room placed over existing door will destroy it and materials, but placing door on a room tile works good and both are present.
It is possible to build ladder behind other objects.

Mello - both bridges, not only stone breaks without reasources if there is no water/lava but dirt under it.
Yeah, I noticed that with both bridges since sometimes I build out to remove a water tile that then causes water not to be under the bridge and it just disappears.

What I was talking about is placing Fill Dirt on top of the existing constructions. If you try and place Fill Dirt on top of a Wooden Bridge, it won't let you, but you can on a Stone Bridge. I was about to place a separate report on the Bar Stools I noticed earlier, but I guess these are probably all related.
Added to the list of Bugs/Issues & Crashes!
Solved with the next version. Now if there are any add-on buildings (those that are built upon the regular building without destroying it) on the tile, then the player can't build any buildings that are elevating the tile. Something new that has been added is that it is now possible to build room buildings below hydraulics (and some other buildings) without having to sell and rebuild the hydraulics.
Dwelvers version 0.9 released, this bug is solved but need confirmation.
This one is fixed. You can't build Fill Dirt on any of these now.
Thank you!