Solved & Confirmed 0.6c - Game Exit Problem
Hello!
Sorry for my english at first Smile

When im quit from game, game is suspend. I must use ctr+alt+del to close it.

I have win7, sp1, 64bit
First time this has been reported, thanks Smile
Can you run the dwelversdebugger and see if it gives an error message after you quit the game?
I will have to put this bug on pending until more reports come in. I have never had this bug myself.
Anyone here had this problem too?
Spec: Win 10, ATI 7800 HD, res: 1280x1024x75. I support The Venus Project & Resource-Based Economy
I have had an instance where I had ran the game for several hours, left and returned to find it hung up. I had to ctrl+alt+del to end program, but I didn't have the debugger running that time so I didn't bother posting, and it hadn't happened since. Issues like this, since the next release is not terribly far off may be something that could be arbitrarily fixed since the gameplay is dramatically different to the current version.
Anyone else?
Spec: Win 10, ATI 7800 HD, res: 1280x1024x75. I support The Venus Project & Resource-Based Economy
I've had this issue quite a few times say in about 50-60% of the times I quit, although every time I run the debugger it exits correctly!

Normally what happens for me is that, when clicking the quit confirmation, the hand reacts as though the click has been successful, yet the game remains running (this could be related to the sluggish mouse input issue that I have, which I've seen reported elsewhere). If I click again and hold the mouse button longer, to ensure the click is properly registered, the hand remains stuck in the 'clicked' position and my windows cursor becomes active. Windows is actually displaying a crash message at this time, but it's obscured by the game. Pressing return accepts the default close option and the game exits.

I'm running on a Lenovo G570 laptop, Win 7 64bit sp1, i5, 6gb ram, switchable graphics (Mobile intel vs AMD HD 7370) running in AMD mode

If I happen to catch an debug output I'll post it.
I believe this should be corrected in the new version as Rasmus put in this post.
(04-03-2014, 10:10 PM)Mello Tonin Wrote: I believe this should be corrected in the new version as Rasmus put in this post.

That's assuming that this relates to the laggy mouse problem, which I guess is possible but seems more likely to be a separate issue.
Ok just had the crash again whilst the debugger was running but it didn't pick anything up. Sorry!
You need to run your debugger before you start your game. So first start the debugger, second the game.
Pyramid of Live
[Image: kEbemdH.png]
Well it may be that he did, but that is the way to do it. I have had the game crash without a log being made in the debugger myself.
(04-03-2014, 11:21 PM)Xiemas Wrote: You need to run your debugger before you start your game. So first start the debugger, second the game.

Yep this is exactly what I did. No dice.

At this point I'm happy to wait for the next build to see if the error is fixed just as a result of other fixes. It's not game breaking and seems pretty rare based on the lack of other reports. I expect it will clear itself up. If not I'll post again.
Welcome to the forum Atoning Unifex and thanks for the report. It seems we have more than one report of this nasty bug, so I've changed thread status to Added to the list and mark the issue as Not solved yet. Smile
It is interesting that the crashes is less frequent with the debugger running, that would suggest that it is the debugger not being there that can cause the crashes.

The debugger should always output something, if you run Dwelvers and the debugger says "Connected to Dwelvers", then you are guaranteed that it will output some information if the game is closed incorrectly. But sometimes it takes some time, you need to make sure that Dwelvers is closed and not running in the background after the crash. Then if you click on the debugger it should either have output a error messages, or still saying "connected to dwelvers". If it still says "connected to dwelvers" then it is just to play the waiting game, it will output something.. If it says "Waiting for Dwelvers to start.." after the crash, then it can be that Dwelvers somehow did close correctly after the crash, but then there should be some error message window generated in Dwelvers telling you why it crashed before it did.

Sorry for this being so complicated, but as c++ isn't the best language for debugging this is the only way to guarantee some info from the crashes.