My New Idea Construction Idea - Signs
Sorry to interrupt! I find this topic so interesting I made something myself:

[Image: gate_entry.gif]

[Image: gate_exit.gif]
Hey, cool construction Smile

We need something that have 3 ways in and only one way out to keep it as smooth as possible. Hmm, and also something that don't take up so much attention as the player could spread these out everywhere.

But I can definitely see this one in another context, what modelling program are you using?
WFTO simply solved problem of having units in unwanted places with spell, see https://wftogame.com/wfto-wednesday-53/
The signs indeed could work in the same way as I can see what was suggested. Signs, that could look even better regarding to the vibe of Dwelvers environment. Hope where it comes to taking off signs it will be super easy to do it, anyway I like the idea. Smile
Spec: Win 10, ATI 7800 HD, res: 1280x1024x75. I support The Venus Project & Resource-Based Economy
(14-01-2014, 06:07 PM)Rasmus Wrote: We need something that have 3 ways in and only one way out to keep it as smooth as possible. Hmm, and also something that don't take up so much attention as the player could spread these out everywhere.

But I can definitely see this one in another context, what modelling program are you using?

What exactly do you mean with 3 ways in? (front-left-right?) Isn't it only able to work like a gate, thus 2 possible directions, and be rotated as a whole?

This is made in 3D Studio max with the standard shader.

@Sebt: There are 2 edits in my post, though I can't see the gifs anymore.
I edited it once myself because at first I copied a link which displayed the image through a sub-link. After the edit I inserted the 'true' image-link. Not sure how this is displayed to others though.
(14-01-2014, 04:40 PM)Mastergoose Wrote: Sorry to interrupt! I find this topic so interesting I made something myself:

Edit: I edited your post a little, for some reason the forum didn't want to show your gif images when they were inside the (img)(/img), so I posted them as direct links.

Edit note:
Images were not linked directly to their preview, but to the site with image preview, common mistake, anyway now you're able to see images. Smile
~Sebt

Could you try reposing? I can't see the images... I just get text that includes the word "image"
[Image: 11619898803_7d3a89e6bd_n.jpg]
The Golden One!
(14-01-2014, 07:50 PM)Mastergoose Wrote: @Sebt: There are 2 edits in my post, though I can't see the gifs anymore.
I edited it once myself because at first I copied a link which displayed the image through a sub-link. After the edit I inserted the 'true' image-link. Not sure how this is displayed to others though.

I'm just seeing the text:
Code:

The Golden One!
Okay, I reposted it and am seeing the images. I hope others can see it too!
Nope, still just getting the text.
The Golden One!
I think i fixed the gifs so they are showing now. at least here they do..
Still not working here. I tried forcing it to ignore my cache too, in case that was causing my problem. I'll try viewing this thread in a different browser to see if that's my problem...

EDIT: Nope, changing browsers didn't work, right clicking on the image and selecting reload image didn't work, but right clicking on each image and selecting view image did work, at least for me to see the image on the site you posted it on.

That's awesome work for something you just threw together like that. +1 to you Goose.
The Golden One!
Uploaded to my dropbox, it should work now.
(15-01-2014, 03:28 PM)burningpet Wrote: Uploaded to my dropbox, it should work now.
Okay thanks! I'll stop using my previous site to upload images and will dropbox from now on. I'm not sure if this problem has occurred before? Otherwise it is maybe handy to display this somewhere? At least I know it nowTongue

@SU; Thanks! haha. I'm really curious to Mello's idea!
So am I Smile
The Golden One!
The one way is that the creatures could enter and leave the tile through 3 directions but only leave and not enter the tile from the remaining direction.

One way to show what I mean.. Argh, I had a picture but can't find it anymore.. But I'm thinking of something like the farm gates, on one side of the game there will be a arrow sign that shows that they can pass by, and on the other side there will be a stop sign showing that no-one can enter that way. If we now have the gate on the edge of a tile, then there is only one way that they can pass that edge.

Not saying that that is the design I'm looking for, maybe it would be easier to control if the creatures only could enter through one direction and leave in another. But I would like a lighter version of it. It doesn't have to block physically, it could be like sign that would work as "rules" for your creatures. But signs can be a little ugly, maybe we could have a sort half wall on each side and a arrow in the center pointing from the entering direction and towards the leaving direction.
That sounds like a good idea. Of course, enemies and neutrals should ignore such signs, only the player's own creatures should pay attention to it. +! Rasmus!
The Golden One!