My New Idea Construction Idea - Signs
If its a graphical "issue", we could always make the arrows more theme fitting by spicing them with something like this:

[Image: Skeletonpointing.jpg]
That's a great idea, a +1 kind of idea, Burningpet. Smile
[Image: 11619898803_7d3a89e6bd_n.jpg]
The Golden One!
Yeah, sorry guys. Work has been taking up all my time the past couple of days. So this is kind of what I was thinking about. I didn't really take the time to make it really pretty so please excuse the crudeness.

[Image: FrK6.jpg]

The area of effect would be highlighted on the ground perhaps to make a clear indication of where not to tread, or just have the stone boundary. It may be difficult to see, but I have candles atop the stones to provide some extra light and be clearly visible.

Edit: I probably should've shrunk the main stone down just a tad, but I think you guys can see where I'm going with this.
Good work.

I'd like to see your idea of the selectable area, with stone boundary but with pet's evil skeleton sign being the main marker, with the no entry side being selectable by rotating the area.
The Golden One!
I like that a lot Mello! It is simple and work like a guidance for the minions. But there is one more thing that needs to be considered, and that is that if the creatures is on the wrong side of the area they would be locked out, and I would like to avoid that issue, that is why I suggested a one way option for the tiles. So is there a possibility to somehow show the player that the tiles is only "entrance able" from one edge of the tile?

One thing that came to mind is that the red area in the centre don't have to have these one way signs, only the once on the edges, it would be like a fence surrounding the area and the fence only let creatures either in or out in one direction.

Like this:

[IMG]replace_photbucket_link/Oneway.jpg[/IMG]

It is only a visual illustration on how it would work in practically, the graphic would need some changes to display what it is that is trying to be achieved. But lets say we have the white stones on the edges, then the stones could show where it is possible to enter and in what direction, the direction could then be changed just as the farmland gates are rotated when left-clicking on them.
Hmm good idea!
So if the stones represent the boundary, can't the skeleton of Burningpet be combined with this to show the direction?
Maybe if 1 out of 4 stones have the skeleton on top of it showing the direction?
That's exactly what I'm thinking. Big Grin
The Golden One!
Yeah that would be an easy way to distinguish which way to go and rotating them like other objects would make directing traffic easier and more clear.
This sounds really good Smile So we would have a skeleton or something similar at every edge that is walk able by the creatures, the hand would need to click on the skeleton to make him switch between going in or going out.

Next questions, should these direction be a law for the creatures even if they are being hunted, I mean, it would be more natural that a creature that are being hunted would break the laws if it would save his life.
Good question, and I say yeah. Anarchy! Anarchy!

If they are being chased then they don't have time to pay attention to the signs and could very well end up running right into even more danger.
I agree, they should work as "directions" not rules.. I mean, if someone were threatening to kill me unless I drove against red light, then I would probably drive against red light Tongue
Drivers beware! Rasmus is on the road!
(21-01-2014, 08:42 AM)Rasmus Wrote: This sounds really good Smile So we would have a skeleton or something similar at every edge that is walk able by the creatures, the hand would need to click on the skeleton to make him switch between going in or going out.

Next questions, should these direction be a law for the creatures even if they are being hunted, I mean, it would be more natural that a creature that are being hunted would break the laws if it would save his life.

I say yes, if a creature's life is in jeopardy, break the rules, ignore the signs. If the creature is an enemy, it would of course ignore these signs too. How about if a creature's status is "Fighting", Fleeing" or "Enemy"/"Neutral" it ignores the signs, otherwise it obeys them.
The Golden One!