My New Idea Hydraulic Idea - Concealed Pressure Pad
Concealed Pressure Pad

Info
I am getting tired of the knights attacking and destroying my pressure pads. How about a hidden/invisible pressure pad that is untargetable by enemies? Make it more expensive than the standard pressure pad if you want. I find it very obnoxious that the enemies can stand to the side of an existing pressure pad and attack it without triggering the trap itself.

Appearance
It would appear similar to the existing pressure pad. Maybe change the orange color to silver? Or change the texture of the pad itself to iron instead of stone?

Stats
Highlight: A pressure pad to trigger traps that enemies cannot purposefully target.
Function: This will allow to the player a bit more freedom in trap design as they won't have to worry about creatures standing next to the pressure pad and attacking it.
Acquired By: Player
Cost: Higher than the existing pressure pad. 1 stone and 1 iron bar, perhaps?
Friendly Fire?: Can be destroyed by explosions/area of effect damage.
Range: Same as pressure pad
Number of Targets: Same as pressure pad
Made In: Same as pressure pad
Indie Games to check out:
Dwelvers - Dungeon Management game with 3D digging and economic focus
War for the Overworld - Dungeon Keeper 2 spiritual successor
Dwarf Fortress - the ultimate dwarven simulation engine
Isomer - Mine, Build, and Explore as a squad of aliens crash landed on a foreign world
I think that they all should be concealed until it trigger something, so you wont be able to build looping cannon death traps which is too easy for defending. also that a thief type of enemy has the ability to spot them for himself and the rest of his gang. this way when it comes to PvP, the player could send scouting thieves a head of his main force.
How the pressure pads work now is that they are invisible for the enemies when they are built, but if a enemy steps on it, it will be visible for them and they can attack it. I made it like this so that the traps wouldn't be to powerful. On the other hand, the constant flow of knights that comes down the portals are a little bit to much as well. So that will balanced out in the next release.

This takes me back to the previous issue. If the creatures can't see the pressure-pad they can't destroy them, and that means that the cannons will just continue firing and be able to take down any army.
Fair enough. An invisible pressure pad would make things easier.

My problem is that I forget about a trap setup long enough that when I come back to it most of it has been destroyed by knights. I'd like to be able to focus on exploration and not babysitting traps. An alert that "traps are under attack" would go a long way to countering this annoyance.

As it is now, it's too easy to simply wall off a hero portal and ignore it. I look forward to a re-balance of this.
Indie Games to check out:
Dwelvers - Dungeon Management game with 3D digging and economic focus
War for the Overworld - Dungeon Keeper 2 spiritual successor
Dwarf Fortress - the ultimate dwarven simulation engine
Isomer - Mine, Build, and Explore as a squad of aliens crash landed on a foreign world
I have an idea that could solve this problem, which seems to me to be a micromanagement issue. How about when a trap gets destroyed, instead of being removed from the dungeon all together it goes into a damaged state and an imp will have to come with the appropriate resources to repair it. This could then be taken care of automatically so the user wouldn't have to spend all their time baby sitting traps, yet you also wouldn't have to have invincible traps either. Thus once you set up a trap the imps automatically maintain it. IMO the same should go for doors and other constructs that an intruder can attack and destroy, it goes into a damages state and an imp has to come along and repair it. While it's damaged it won't function but you don't have to manually go around looking for damaged doors, rooms or traps and have to try and remember what was originally there, then order an imp to build it again.
[Image: 11619898803_7d3a89e6bd_n.jpg]
The Golden One!
Yeah, what SU said. Love it +1!
To make sure it gets the dev's attention I'll post it in a new topic.
The Golden One!
You got my attention, and I love it Wink
Thanks Smile
The Golden One!