Solved & Confirmed 0.6c - Can't Get Wood
HAHAHAHAHAHA!

He may have bitch tits but he CAN get wood. Tongue
[Image: 11619898803_7d3a89e6bd_n.jpg]
The Golden One!
Yeah, I just had problems getting wood from my Imps which I hope is completely understandable, and sets the record straight.

X p
Mellow Tonin, how can the record be set streight when you're:

Tongue
The Golden One!
Oh geez, I think there is another thread for this sort of thing...
BWHAHAHAHA!
The Golden One!
Hmm, so while I was searching for a way to get a good source for making ropes I came up with an idea that will solve this issue as well. With the 0.6c version I removed the wood growing feature because there were to many issues with the wood blocking paths and that it gets overgrown in the dungeon. So with the next release I am not planning on having the roots grow back again, but instead having vines (smaller roots) growing from the bigger roots.

These vines can only grow one tile away from the bigger roots and will do it very slowly, this gives the player two options, either chop down the big roots and get 5 wood directly, or not chop it down and get about 5 - 10 wood per hour by chopping down the vines growing from the big roots.

These vines would not only drop 0-1 wood each time they are chopped down, but also drop "vines", which can be used for rope making.

The best thing about these vines is that they will not occupy any tile and creatures can walk right over them, they will grow along floors and walls and with this give the dungeon walls and floors more variation. We are still working on the design, but I feel like it would be nice having them looking something like Ivy, maybe not as green, maybe make them reddish, or just have tiny roots covering most of the wall or floors.

What do you think?

(Edit: Made some spelling adjustment, I meant "vine" not "vein" Tongue)
(05-05-2014, 10:49 AM)Rasmus Wrote: What do you think?
I think the shortest path to next release is important. You can reconsider on some of these details later. For now, I just want to play with some new code!
Haha, this is the shortest path (which I also feel is the most elegant) Wink I was thinking about having a spider-farm of some sort before this idea Tongue
I think this is an excellent idea. I really enjoyed the way wood used to grow (yeah, I may be an oddball on that one) because this meant you really had to manage them, or it would get out of control. I had a couple methods that worked really well. This however is going to allow some cultivation again which is a plus as well as add to the environment. What is a dungeon without some creeping vines?
Well, they weren't exactly creeping, but they do look okay and add some extra variation to the dungeon Smile

Okay, I will set this one as solved, didn't find it in the bugs list. But never mind Tongue
I'm sure mellow tonin's wife will be happy that he can get wood again! Tongue

On a more serious note, that growing vine idea is a good one, as long as they grow slow enough not to upset the balance and have stores full of nothing but wood or so slow that Mellow Tonin once again "can't get wood".

Oh, man, this thread title still cracks me up. Big Grin
The Golden One!
The list of Bugs/Issues & Crashes has been updated. Wink
Spec: Win 10, ATI 7800 HD, res: 1280x1024x75. I support The Venus Project & Resource-Based Economy
Haha, thanks Sebt Smile +2 to you Wink

@SU: I am glad this topic isn't in the off topic section, then I would be really worried about Mello Tongue
Thanks for your concern Tongue This post turned out exactly how I hoped!
[Image: laughing-smiley-014.gif]
The Golden One!