Brainstorm I & S - Evil meter
Sebt Wrote:Haha we could have Evil Meter instead of Reputation on the forum, just change it's name. Big Grin Than we could use this meter for future website functions that would use our community.

I like that a lot Big Grin Lets see what we can do Wink

Sebt Wrote:*converting enemies (as more powerful it is as more EPs you can get. That will avoid someone that would be "smart" to catch only enemy imps...)

I like that one especially, I have said it before, it was way to easy to convert enemies in DK, having the EP decide how easy it is would really fix this issue.

A lot of good ideas Sebt, but these two were the once I liked the most and will probably get implemented Smile But I do also like the evil meter you presented, having a neutral point between good and evil to start with, maybe the creatures will be weaker if their master is to good and stronger if their master is evil and so on.

Hmm, one thing to bare in mind is that I would probably want a balance with the EP, that not everything done will increase it, if something drains the EP we would be able to balance the game, like having EP drained when expanding the dungeon to fast or something like that.

I don't know if anyone of you have played "The Last Remnant", but that game had a "moral" bar, when the player lost battles the moral got lower and the characters did lower damage, and vice versa. The player could of course cast spells to turn it around. But it made it fun because meeting even low level creatures when the moral was to low could be hard.

SU Wrote:Also, while increasing the size of your territory should increase your EPs, having a big territory should also require some EPs to maintain, so that you also need to build rooms and creatures to truly get the benefits of a large territory, and could even start having the EP demands of a large territory even begin to surpass the benefits if you aren't able to build the right sort of rooms, creatures and/or constructs to assert your will over the area.

This one makes more sense than losing points by claiming tiles, but my example was more to show that the EP meter could balance the game play if necessary.

SU Wrote:An idea to handle that could be another tracking system, call it "Influence Points" (IPs) which could be a hidden stat on each tile that keeps track of who has the most influence on that tile which will determine who "owns" it, based on whoever has the highest level of influence. You could get IPs by building rooms, various dungeon constructs and having your creatures hanging around in an area. The level of control, between good aligned and evil aligned leaders could be shown by how the environment looks, if that tile looks bright and cheerful, it's mostly good aligned, if it looks dark and forbidding, it's mostly evil aligned, and this shift in appearance could be done in a gradient scale so it smoothly transitions between bright and dark depending on who's influence is growing there.

Hmm, so the bottom line is that the IPs is creating the claimed walls and tiles? Right now I only have thought of it like having a certain HP on the walls and tiles, but this is definitely a interesting suggestion. It makes me think of "paying" EP to create the tiles, that the land is transformed to your own by your evil somehow. But then it would cost EP to claim tiles, if looking at it in this way it would make sense to having the EP lowered when expanding the territory to fast.

Mello Wrote:While having the environmental queues more prominent as a way of knowing how much/little influence you have versus having a meter always present in the UI seems more preferable to me, it would be a good idea to have a meter in the frames you get from the creature/item menu which you could see a numerical and graphical representation of your influence.

Another good idea, this would give the player more control and be able to make decisions of removing objects / creatures in the dungeon that cost to much EPConfused

Mastergoose Wrote:I agree with Sebt that point should be gathered continuously. I think a good system would be the following:
You will get or lose points all the time.
Points are continuously generated by certain rooms, prisoners and a standard number of the darkmother.
Points are once generated by (almost everything Sebt said): an enemy kill, a conquering of X tiles lairs/minidungeons, a quest.
Points are continuously lost by your creatures. Each creature will have a cost/salary of X EP's per minute. Stronger creatures cost more. So you have to find a balance in expanding your dungeon and 'paying' your creatures.
Points are once lost by a friendly kill, a destruction of a building, a lost tile, (and maybe spells?).

I agree with Sebt too, having it gathered continuously would probably make the game-play a lot smoother and avoid the player to get "stuck". I also like the idea you had there Mastergoose that the creatures takes EPConfused as salary. But we will of course have to experiment with it a bit.

SU Wrote:So IPs would be for owning and controlling territory, while the EPs would be for building more evil things and generating more evil creatures.

Hmm, well, I do like the idea, but as we haven't implemented EP yet I would like to start with that one and if it could all be controlled by EP it would be easier for the player because I don't want to scare him of by having to much things to keep track of Tongue

Messages In This Thread
I & S - Evil meter - by Rasmus - 16-01-2014, 05:53 AM
RE: Evil meter - by Seriously Unserious - 16-01-2014, 08:12 AM
RE: Evil meter - by Sebt - 16-01-2014, 06:25 PM
RE: Evil meter - by Rasmus - 18-01-2014, 12:52 PM
RE: Evil meter - by Seriously Unserious - 16-01-2014, 07:07 PM
RE: Evil meter - by Mello Tonin - 17-01-2014, 11:35 PM
RE: Evil meter - by Mastergoose - 18-01-2014, 01:37 AM
RE: Evil meter - by Mello Tonin - 18-01-2014, 02:15 AM
RE: Evil meter - by Seriously Unserious - 18-01-2014, 02:30 AM
RE: Evil meter - by Sebt - 18-01-2014, 04:36 PM
RE: Evil meter - by Seriously Unserious - 18-01-2014, 10:33 PM