Brainstorm Creature Mechanic - Creature production - Ideas needed!
(30-01-2014, 06:32 PM)Mastergoose Wrote: I agree with Mello and SU on idea 1,2 and 3.
Idea 4 also piqued my interest! It's a great way to create units but you will have the problem that you run out of enemies, and thus your own units. And I rather have my prison filled than grinding everythingTongue Like SU said, maybe too dark.
You can solve/combine the prison with Idea 6:
extracting dna or getting some kind of artifact/totem (for example a cyclotaur horn which you place on an altar or something) which only happens with the first creature of that species(=unlock),
and after that using Mello's idea;
(28-01-2014, 05:57 PM)Mello Tonin Wrote: [..] We could keep the enemy creatures stashed in prison that we need to extract from, where they would need to be kept reletively healthy (i.e. fed), or they would die there. [..]
the following creatures of that species will "stay" in the prison to have themselves essence/souls extracted.

Or you could get your essence from humans in the surfaceworlds / knights out of portals. You are a demon after all Wink

The problem is also that all creature types needs to be on the map for the player to be able to create his own creatures. What if one map are missing impanzees for example. Then the player can't produce the creature type that needs the Impanzee essence. This will really limit the variety between maps. If we are going to feed the dark mother with creatures I think we need to go down the path as DK did, that all creatures can be sacrificed to create either Skeletons or Vampires.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Creature production discussion - Ideas needed! - by Rasmus - 30-01-2014, 07:01 PM
RE: Creature production - Ideas needed! - by Sebt - 13-04-2014, 08:54 AM
RE: Creature production - Ideas needed! - by Sebt - 13-04-2014, 08:10 AM
RE: Creature production - Ideas needed! - by Sebt - 13-04-2014, 10:54 AM
RE: Creature production - Ideas needed! - by Sebt - 20-04-2014, 12:19 PM
RE: Creature production - Ideas needed! - by Sebt - 21-04-2014, 12:21 AM