Brainstorm Creature Mechanic - Creature production - Ideas needed!
Well Sebt, +2 for you my man. This idea is well worked out and combines a lot of different aspects everyone said. Bravo!

I agree that the idea of different methods of 'creating units' would be awesome. It would give the game a more natural, extremely dynamic, feel and would not disturb sandboxmapping or balance.
Despite that every map is different and some enemy units may not occur you could easily have an alternative way of creating your army. Which would also make every game unique!

Having in the back of my mind that certain elements may not appear in a map, I guess with each method you mentioned you should have an equal tier-hierarchy. Meaning that strong creatures (unlock lvl 6) should be available in all Methods, such as the Necromancy Method (example: Undead Cyclotaur) and Fossil/Golem Method (example: Archaeopteryx).
But abilities may differ among the same tier so that you still want to use all Methods!

(01-02-2014, 04:38 PM)Sebt Wrote: ALIEN like? ZERG like? i like it.
Haha. Exactly what I was thinking at first!

EDIT
(01-02-2014, 02:27 PM)Sebt Wrote: - After throwing required Equipment items to DM, she starts to make an Egg (in our case Green Goblin Egg) from Organ(s), Life Essence. You could see how Eggs stored in Incubators are forming and growing.
Wouldn't it be a challenge if creatures are 'made' first without letting poor DarkMother swallowing a sword, and after hatching the creature can collect the weapon in the armory?
And if you don't have the weapon? Maybe a weapon switch (might create interesting variety), or simply that the creature will find a new occupation AKA Beer!

Which also bring me with the question if captured/killed creatures with weapons can be looted of their weapons?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Creature production discussion - Ideas needed! - by Mastergoose - 02-02-2014, 02:41 PM
RE: Creature production - Ideas needed! - by Sebt - 13-04-2014, 08:54 AM
RE: Creature production - Ideas needed! - by Sebt - 13-04-2014, 08:10 AM
RE: Creature production - Ideas needed! - by Sebt - 13-04-2014, 10:54 AM
RE: Creature production - Ideas needed! - by Sebt - 20-04-2014, 12:19 PM
RE: Creature production - Ideas needed! - by Sebt - 21-04-2014, 12:21 AM