Brainstorm Creature Mechanic - Creature production - Ideas needed!
(17-02-2014, 11:10 PM)Rasmus Wrote: The idea is not that the player will capture enemy creatures to create creature. The idea is that he will get the ability to create a certain creature type after capturing that same creature type. Then when the player have the ability to create this creature its production cost is something that are linked to the production chain or evil points or essence, not fighting and killing enemies.
Oh good, this is perfect then.

(17-02-2014, 11:10 PM)Rasmus Wrote: Well, when you say that the hatching should be short I feel like it is very relative. I mean, I can say that a short hatching time is one minute while you mean 10 seconds. This is something I think we have to do some testing on and see what feels most right. I don't want the player to just spit out 10 creatures to defend him when he is being attacked just because he have the resources for it.
It takes time to feed the DM once you select a creature to build. The imps all stop working on their current job and, if it is your 20th orc, even with 25 imps it can take many minutes of feeding. I queued replacements for 3 that had died, and two of them had finished training to level 3 before the third one in the queue finished being created.

I don't think a significant hatching time adds much to gameplay really, since the primary player limitation of requiring (increasing) time is already in the nature of feeding the DM and training the orcs, and optimization through various storage, production, and training room layouts is the primary driver of efficiency.

I don't see the game mechanic as currently being missing that this egg proposes to solve.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Creature production discussion - Ideas needed! - by damiant - 17-02-2014, 11:49 PM
RE: Creature production - Ideas needed! - by Sebt - 13-04-2014, 08:54 AM
RE: Creature production - Ideas needed! - by Sebt - 13-04-2014, 08:10 AM
RE: Creature production - Ideas needed! - by Sebt - 13-04-2014, 10:54 AM
RE: Creature production - Ideas needed! - by Sebt - 20-04-2014, 12:19 PM
RE: Creature production - Ideas needed! - by Sebt - 21-04-2014, 12:21 AM