Brainstorm Creature Mechanic - Creature production - Ideas needed!
(17-02-2014, 11:49 PM)damiant Wrote: It takes time to feed the DM once you select a creature to build. The imps all stop working on their current job and, if it is your 20th orc, even with 25 imps it can take many minutes of feeding. I queued replacements for 3 that had died, and two of them had finished training to level 3 before the third one in the queue finished being created.

I don't think a significant hatching time adds much to gameplay really, since the primary player limitation of requiring (increasing) time is already in the nature of feeding the DM and training the orcs, and optimization through various storage, production, and training room layouts is the primary driver of efficiency.

I don't see the game mechanic as currently being missing that this egg proposes to solve.

It is possible that we will remove the feeding of items to the Dark Mother and have something that can make her produce creatures instantly. What we do here then is that the creatures are born naked without any equipment, and they will have to arm themselves in the armoury to get the strength up Smile

(18-02-2014, 12:51 AM)Mello Tonin Wrote:
(17-02-2014, 11:49 PM)damiant Wrote: I don't see the game mechanic as currently being missing that this egg proposes to solve.

I don't think it is trying to solve anything, but instead add a layer to the game. The amount of time it takes to feed the Dark Mother and produce creatures doesn't work efficiently as is, and will be fixed by tweaks to Imp Priorities. Having to prepare for a battle rather than just regurgitate a slew of soldiers because you have the resource like Rasmus said he wants to avoid makes a lot more sense because that will make you really focus on strategy in both offense, and really defense primarily. This puts a lot of focus on building adequate defenses to not only guard your dungeon, but also protect your brooding army. Hydraulics are going to become key, and this is an area I would really like to see some back and forth about.

Well both, if the player can create creatures or hatch eggs instantly we will need a delay, and the eggs would be perfect for this. But yeah, I imagine a extra layer in the game where the dark mother not only hatch the eggs but also tend to them, this will give her a full time occupation and not just sit there.

(18-02-2014, 03:44 AM)Seriously Unserious Wrote: I agree with Mellow, it's time for some discussion on what new hydraulics features we'd like to see in the game.

One thing I have in mind for the next update is hydraulic similar to the redstone torch in minecraft. It is a hydraulic that will create constant pressure in two direction, and if it gets pressure into the side it will stop producing constant pressure. This will solve some the building of some hydraulic systems. But besides from that I also have a trapwire in mind that will create a pulse of pressure as soon as a creature enters the tile, this will make the cannons more efficient Smile

Messages In This Thread
RE: Creature production discussion - Ideas needed! - by Rasmus - 18-02-2014, 07:38 PM
RE: Creature production - Ideas needed! - by Sebt - 13-04-2014, 08:54 AM
RE: Creature production - Ideas needed! - by Sebt - 13-04-2014, 08:10 AM
RE: Creature production - Ideas needed! - by Sebt - 13-04-2014, 10:54 AM
RE: Creature production - Ideas needed! - by Sebt - 20-04-2014, 12:19 PM
RE: Creature production - Ideas needed! - by Sebt - 21-04-2014, 12:21 AM