Poll: Digging is...
This poll is closed.
...inevitable to get all those precious minerals as fast as we can and flaten the construction zones.
71.43%
5 71.43%
...and insult to mother nature, and should be kept to a minimum, ¡you barbaric plague!
28.57%
2 28.57%
Total 7 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Brainstorm Construction Mechanic - Bulldozing the landscape or respecting mother nature?
(25-05-2014, 06:33 PM)Seriously Unserious Wrote: EDIT: Another thing I meant to bring up is that if tunneling is added later on, a great, simple way to deal with the 3D dungeons would be to have a "level selector" button where you could move the view up/down 1 level, with all levels above the current level being filtered out of the view, in a similar way to the house floor selector in The Sims 2. So you could see through any openings in the floor (such as a pit) to the floor below, but you can't see the floor above (to avoid getting your view blocked).

Sounds interesting, this way we could also make transition between surface and underworld spaces very smoothly. Even make surface world one block higher from the highest underworld block. IMO for this idea each layer/level should be quite high so player wouldn't be annoyed with scrolling too far.

Also I rather would like to keep the view for everything like it is now too - that could be annoying seeing one layer that hides other then one layer that looks completely different and it's hard to see any move or fights on different layers at one point - I found that system exist in Game of Dwarves which people are not so happy with this solution. So what about... connecting these two views? I mean to safe that we can see everything open like now, but when scrolling down mouse and being only two layers close to tunnel we could see its outline shapes and of everything that moves there and when we scroll to exact tunnel layer we could see it in full view. If there would be two layers higher or lower than tunnel we're looking at actually we could see outlines of their items, surrounding.

Additionally, we could even see the deepest level full of lava, just for fun if that won't eat to much memory. Smile
Spec: Win 10, ATI 7800 HD, res: 1280x1024x75. I support The Venus Project & Resource-Based Economy

Messages In This Thread
RE: - by Seriously Unserious - 25-05-2014, 06:33 PM
RE: Game Mechanic - Bulldozing the landscape or respecting mother nature? - by Sebt - 25-05-2014, 08:29 PM
RE: - by Seriously Unserious - 27-05-2014, 03:05 AM
RE: - by Sebt - 27-05-2014, 10:37 AM
RE: - by Mello Tonin - 27-05-2014, 04:11 PM