Solved & Confirmed 0.7 - Surface Portal Crash

.txt   DwelversCrash114-4-30-23-31-59.txt (Size: 17,66 KB / Downloads: 2) Found a portal while digging. Clicked the button to toggle worlds and got this:

[Image: HDQY.png]

.txt   DwelversCrash114-4-30-23-31-59.txt (Size: 17,66 KB / Downloads: 2)
Thanks Smile Added to the list of Bugs/Issues & Crashes!
Okay I have found the issue.. If you are in the surface world, and then load a game, then when you use the switch button this error will come up. The problem is that the fog of war and the noise in the dungeon are set to be in the wrong world when switching worlds.. It don't get reset after loading a new game..

Solved!
Correction...

After loading a game you can't visit the surface world without this error coming up, it doesn't matter if you were in the surface world to begin with when loading the game.
I noticed on another one of these .cpp errors I could click ignore and the game would become active again. Sometimes the error was generated several times more, but clicking ignore would bring the game back up. Haven't tried doing this specifically with a Portal yet.
These errors are extremely useful for me because they can tell me exactly on what line in the code something went wrong, and why it went wrong. In this case I am suspecting that they were all dungeonnoise.cpp related, this is the file that handles how "noisy" the models should be on different tiles in the dungeon, it also manage how lit up the dungeon should be, and what parts of it is in the fog. When the game does a world switch it switches between textures that holds these data, and if something goes wrong in this switch this error will occur.

All of the .cpp errors can be ignored, they are put there by me to work like warnings if something goes wrong. Sometimes they can be ignored, but beware, nothing will be the same afterwards Wink
(02-06-2014, 12:12 AM)Mello Tonin Wrote: I noticed on another one of these .cpp errors I could click ignore and the game would become active again. Sometimes the error was generated several times more, but clicking ignore would bring the game back up. Haven't tried doing this specifically with a Portal yet.

I tried using the ignore button once... What ended up happening was that the game continually scrolled the screen in one direction and there was no way to stop it.

I tried saving the game during this period but reloading the save game had the odd scrolling in the saved game too.
Dwelvers Alpha 0.7b has been released with this bug-fix, confirmation needed!
(02-06-2014, 06:15 PM)Rasmus Wrote: Dwelvers Alpha 0.7b has been released with this bug-fix, confirmation needed!

Still crashing?
Spec: Win 10, ATI 7800 HD, res: 1280x1024x75. I support The Venus Project & Resource-Based Economy