Solved & Confirmed 0.7b - Can't See Menu Text
I got as far as loading the main menu, but I can't see any of the text, it's all not displayed. I'm attaching a screenshot so you can see what I mean.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[Image: 11619898803_7d3a89e6bd_n.jpg]
The Golden One!
I'm not sure if this is related to this bug or not, and if not feel free to split this post into a new thread but when I tried the launcher, I noticed there were no alternate screen resolutions available, as you can see in the attacked screenshot.

The Golden One!
*BUMP*

Rasmus, would you please look into this? It's making the game totally unplayable as I can't even get past the start up menus.
The Golden One!
Anyone esle experienced this bug?
Spec: Win 10, ATI 7800 HD, res: 1280x1024x75. I support The Venus Project & Resource-Based Economy
Perhaps SU doesn't have that font installed in his computer? Wild guess, but does the game package comes with that font in it or just fetches one from the gamer's computer font folder? (nevermind, the absent text is exactly the same font than the "main menu" and "quit game" texts, so that can't be it)

SU, are you able to at least click the shadows? If so, clicking the very first shadow a couple of times should launch you a new game. It should be something like 3/4 clicks if memory serves me well.
Sounds like SU got a bad copy and needs to uninstall and re-download the game.
Sorry, I haven't responded, there have been so many topics that I have just read and solved them one at a time Sad

This is very weird, if it has to do with the resolution not being set there is a manual way of doing it.
Go to cUndecidedusers/"your name"/appdata/roaming/dwelvers/
There you should have a file named "launcherconfig.xml".
If you edit that one like this:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<LauncherConfig>
  <resolution>
    <width>1280</width>
    <height>720</height>
    <windowed>False</windowed>
  </resolution>
  <language>
    <languagename>English</languagename>
    <languagewarning>False</languagewarning>
  </language>
</LauncherConfig>

If the launcherconfig.xml file isn't available then you can create a .txt document and name it "launcherconfig.xml", then enter the text above and save the file.

Now it is important that you DON'T click play from the launcher, because then the launcher will save over the launcherconfig.xml file, you need to have the launcher running, but instead of pressing play you start the game once again from the dwelvers icon.

If this works then I know it is the launcher. If it don't work, then I may have another ace up my sleeve, but it will not be fixable until the next release.
I checked the config file and the resolution data was completely missing from it, tried editing it to add the resolution tags you suggested but that didn't solve the menu text issue. One other thing I'll try is running the launcher and dwelvers as an administrator.

EDIT: Running as an administrator didn't help.

I did notice something I hadn't noticed before though, parts of the menu text do occasionally flicker on briefly, for less then a second at a stretch.
The Golden One!
The problem is more then just the menu text. This problem is also with the messages, the text is flickering on briefly but is unreadable. Item quantities are also invisible. Basically, until this issue is fixed, the game is unplayable for me. Sad

The Golden One!
Have you installed recently a graphics driver update?
I am sure this has to do with the text clipping somehow. "Main Menu" and "Quit Game" is not affected by this, but the menu items in between is.

These items (like "New game", "Load game"), are bound to only be rendered on a certain area of the screen so that it is possible to scroll the menu when the list gets to long. For some reason these bounderies are way of in your version SU.

What I am afraid of is that this problem goes deeper as the launcher are having some problems locating the graphic cards screen resolutions.

I will fix this in one way or the other, if I can resolve it until the next release I will make a hidden option just for you SU to disable the text clipping.

Moved from "More reports needed" to "Not solved yet".
Great. I did manage to play around a little bit with the game and do see the potential here, when I can read the text. Hopefully you'll be able to get this one solved soon so I can have a proper play through. Most of the new features I couldn't really use as I couldn't see the text that give me stats and info on what it's for and so on.

My GPU is a Nvidia Geforce 610 M. I also see an Intel HD Graphics 4000 in the device manager as well. Not sure if that would "confuse" the launcher into not finding the graphics data or not, but it shouldn't as I'm sure I'm not the only one that has an onboard graphics chip in addition to a dedicated GPU.
The Golden One!
I have added a option in the game, if you press ALT+C you will disable the text clipping, I am pretty sure that this is the cause but I need to have it confirmed before I make any bigger changes.
So I will put this topic in more reports needed, because it isn't solved, and it is nothing more I can do about it until this is confirmed.
Any idea on when the 0.7c version will be released? I'd love to test this fix and see if it works.
The Golden One!
I will release it today Smile