Solved & Confirmed 0.7c - LoadXMLDocument Error
Hi,

I've just bought access to Dwelvers alpha and I get the following error when starting the game:
[Image: Error01.jpg]

This is my DxDiag.txt: http://www.twins4ever.dk/DxDiag/DxDiag.txt

Cheers
Mark
-Men do not quit playing because they grow old. They grow old because they quit playing. -- Oliver Wendell Holmes
There is indeed a file located in that folder and with that name. It contains the following:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><LauncherConfig><resolution><width>1680</width><height>1050</height><windowed>True</windowed></resolution><language><languagename>English</languagename><languagewarning>False</languagewarning></language></LauncherConfig>[/quote]

Forgot to add that the game starts, but its very low resolution.

Cheers
Mark
-Men do not quit playing because they grow old. They grow old because they quit playing. -- Oliver Wendell Holmes
Can I somehow get the game into higher resolution, its not really worth playing right now Smile
Welcome to the forum, I'm sorry that your first posts have to be about not being able to run the game..

So what I get from this is that the launcher is able to save the launcherconfig.xml file, but the game is unable to load it. Unfortunately there is no tip I can give you that can get around the problem atm. On the top of my head I am suspecting that the "Ø" has something to with it, this letter is not found in the http://www.asciitable.com/, and at some point I think the game is doing some weird conversions that makes this letter into something else :S I will make myself some folders with the "Ø" letter and see if this is the issue.

Added to the list of Bugs/Issues & Crashes.
Hi Rasmus,

Thanks for getting back to me Smile

Its related to the damn 'Ø' in my name. Its from my live account and I can't change in any way when installing Windows 8, so I don't really know where MS keep it. I have tried to make a local user on my pc and he has NO problems running the game with him.

I will try to rename my user folder somehow, this is the third game giving me problems related to something I can't change myself Sad

Cheers
Mark
If you have the chance, there are a couple of files using this folder, and I would very much like to see if they work on your computer..
- The save games, are you able to save and load games?
- The in-game options, do the options save? Like music volume and such when you edit the volume, close the game and start it again?
- Key configurations? Edit one of the keys for moving the camera for example and close the game and start it again?

If you could help me with this it will go a lot faster for me to solve the issue Smile
Hi Rasmus,

Just tried them all and none of them worked. I.e. no save game, no sound setting saved and no controls saved.

I will wait with the renaming then, in the name of test Cool
Very good Smile
I don't think it will be that hard to solve the issue, and I also suspect that others have the same problem as you, so it is very good that you wait and see.
Sure thing, looking forward to test the next version Big Grin
I think I have solved it. I found a issue with the xml loader I am using that it converted the filname into utf8, and thereby making the special characters in the filename into something else. I have made some tests on my own computer and it seems to be working, but you will have the final say in it so to speak Smile

When the next version comes out, please also check:
- The save games, are you able to save and load games?
- The in-game options, do the options save? Like music volume and such when you edit the volume, close the game and start it again?
- Key configurations? Edit one of the keys for moving the camera for example and close the game and start it again?

...as before.

Marked as solved with the next version.
Dwelvers Alpha 0.7d released. Bug fixed confirmation needed.
Hi Rasmus,

The screen resolution is now saved and the launcher don't come with any errors. Its possbile to save a game, but not listed in "Load game". Sound settings aren't saved as above. So its a partial fix Smile

Cheers
Mark
Very nice, thanks a lot Smile

Now I know how to fix it at least!
Solved with the next version!
New version released, this bug is solved but need confirmation!