Solved & Confirmed 0.7c - Orcs randomly attacked bat
out of a group of 6 orcs chasing an impanzee 3 just started attacking a bat near them
(13-06-2014, 02:35 PM)Aische1984 Wrote: out of a group of 6 orcs chasing an impanzee 3 just started attacking a bat near them

This also happened to me one time. Apparently, bat's are neutral by nature. They don't attack unless attacked (even then, I'm not sure they attack at all).

In my case, the orcs won't see them as a menace so they won't attack them, but if they are actively trying to hit another enemy (like an impanzee) and an unlucky bat happens to be flying through, it gets hit. Once it gets mistakenly hit, I think that the orcs DO see it as an enemy and will continue hitting it until dead.
Bump
Spec: Win 10, ATI 7800 HD, res: 1280x1024x75. I support The Venus Project & Resource-Based Economy
I missed this bug, added to the list of Bugs/Issues & Crashes.
Solved with the next version, I haven't been able to reproduce the bug, but I found some leakage in the code where creatures could attack a neutral creature if it was close enough to them. Hopefully this will be enough Smile
New version released, this bug is solved but need confirmation!
did not happen to me in 0.7e jet ( 6 - 7 h and more then 10 battles)
Nice, I will put it as solved and confirmed! Thanks Smile