Solved & Confirmed 0.7d - Really weird storage/imps behavior
Hi again ^^

Dunno what causes that, but i had all the coal in one storage, decided to share it between two, so i changed the state to green on both storage rooms, and the imps puts all the coal under the flag in the DM room lol. And after some time, they put the coal under the flag in one storage room, and then other imp take it and bring it back to the DM room.

I don't think that's really clear lol, but again i can upload my savegame somewhere if it helps
Computers are like air-conditionners, they stop working properly when you open Windows...
I will check it out.
Added to the list of Bugs/Issues & Crashes.
If I understood the new system correctly if you want to share a resource evenly between several storage rooms you simply have to set that resource as "normal" (no arrows at all). By setting the green "bring every resource available here" arrow on 2 different storages, you may have created a decision loop and confused the poor imps Big Grin
Here is a link to my save.

Once loaded it should show the 2 things i reported, this one and the wells broken after loading a save.
All the coal under the flag in the DM room will be distributed amongst the 2 storage rooms, but not sorted in the shelves, and then they will go back to DM room.

Savegame
Computers are like air-conditionners, they stop working properly when you open Windows...
(19-06-2014, 12:19 AM)Excess Wrote: If I understood the new system correctly if you want to share a resource evenly between several storage rooms you simply have to set that resource as "normal" (no arrows at all). By setting the green "bring every resource available here" arrow on 2 different storages, you may have created a decision loop and confused the poor imps Big Grin

It seems so Sad
It worked when I tried it out, but maybe there are a loophole somewhere..
Ah, according to the "Handling goods in the storage room" post :

Quote:If several storage room has this option available the items will get split between them when they are being delivered.

Also, having one giant storage room seems to break something. I had everything connected to one big room, it was at about 50% but the workers on the farms didn't want to harvest. i had to create another storage room, filter so that only antroot would be accepted for them to start harvesting. But then the mills who was connected to the first storage room didn't receive antroot anymore and i had to connect it to the new storage room, and thus, allow flour in that storage room too.

Maybe i'm misunderstanding something here.
I think you understood it correctly and that it is a failure in the game. Either way there should always be something that prevents the imps from transporting items back and forth from the same room.
That can be really tricky to achieve especially if you still have that feature where imps put items in the nearest available room that you intended for intuitivity and wells.
Maybe some dungeon layout can reach loophole combining all those features + the path finding (wich is excellent btw Big Grin)
(19-06-2014, 12:19 AM)Excess Wrote: If I understood the new system correctly if you want to share a resource evenly between several storage rooms you simply have to set that resource as "normal" (no arrows at all). By setting the green "bring every resource available here" arrow on 2 different storages, you may have created a decision loop and confused the poor imps Big Grin

That would store the coal in all store rooms, not just specific ones the user wants it stored in. By choosing store this item here for coal, you can choose which specific store rooms receive and store the coal (or any other item) and which ones don't, so the coal is stored only where the user wants it. That can be useful if you don't want certain rooms getting clogged up with coal or something and breaking a production chain.
[Image: 11619898803_7d3a89e6bd_n.jpg]
The Golden One!
(19-06-2014, 08:41 AM)Seriously Unserious Wrote: That would store the coal in all store rooms [...]
Yes, in all storage rooms that aren't set to "reject coal" (red arrow).

If you want a resource on more than 1 room, you have to set the to normal, because if you set two green arrows the imps go impshit and don't know what to do.

Ras, what would happen if you have, for example, 1 storage with a green arrow on coal, and 2 more storages with no arrow on coal? Would those 2 storages eventually get no coal at all, because it's all going to the green arrow? If so, that could create confusion as to why there isn't any coal in those storages if they are marked as neither accept nor reject. This is what I meant that could happen if you use 3 states, instead of just 2 (accept/reject)
One simple solution to this would be if any store room is set to "accept" all store room not specifically set to accept could display the "reject" icon, or a special reject icon to indicate that this room is not accepting coal (or any other resource) because of the setting of another store room.
The Golden One!
If you want coal in 2 rooms and let them on normal state, you have no guarantee that you will have coal in both. The green state is there for that reason, and as said in the post :

Quote:State 3 - Take in too storage room

This state will deliver all items not reserved by other storage rooms to this storage room. All rocks for example that are not used for anything other than buildingsites will get transported to this storage room. If several storage room has this option available the items will get split between them when they are being delivered. A storage room that already has all the rocks will hold on to them if this state is selected, even if other storage rooms has this state selected as well.
(20-06-2014, 01:14 PM)Yamitatsu Wrote: If you want coal in 2 rooms and let them on normal state, you have no guarantee that you will have coal in both. The green state is there for that reason [...]

You are completely right, I guess I missed that part. As I said, this will bring confusion as to why the "normal state" is so unpredictable, and people will end up abusing the green/red arrows and completely ignore the normal state. I insist that there should be only 2 states, but I'll stop complaining until Ras fixes this bug and we can properly test how the system is supposed to work.
Hmmm useless i don't know, it can be pretty handy. Imagine, aside from your dedicated storage rooms you may want to store things like stone or whatever is abundant in a storage room with everything to normal state except for those specific items that you want in your dedicated storage (they will be red). Now let's say that room is getting full, you can build another one with the exact same settings, and it will go smoothly. That way you can be partially specific for your production chains items and let the remaining be handled by your smart Imps ^^

The thing that need clarification thought, is how exactly work a storage linked to a production room. Until recently i though the linked storage was only for items produced by the room, but it seems that items needed by the room need to be in that storage too. Might be part of the "bug" dunno, but if that's not the case having only 1 storage per room can be tricky.

Also is there any post about how the imp works ?
Let's say we have :
- a farm room with 1 imp (farmImp) containing only antroot plot
- a storage room linked to the farm room with 1 imp (storageImp), set to accept only antroot, water and flour
- an other farm room containing only a mill with 1 imp (millImp)
- a well near the antroot farm

Now, what's the possible tasks for the imps. (green are what i assume correct, red what i don't know)
farmImp :
- Grab some water at his room flag and pour it on the plot
- Harvest antroot and deposit it at his room flag
- Go grab some water at the well and pour it on the plot ?
- Go grab some water at the well and deposit it at his room flag ?
- Go deposit the antroot at the storage room flag ?
- Go deposit the antroot at the mill room flag ?
- Go deposit the water at the storage room flag ?

storageImp :
- Grab the antroot at the antroot farm flag and deposit it to the storage room flag ?
- Grab the antroot at the antroot farm flag and deposit it to the storage room tables/shelves ?
- Grab the antroot at the mill farm flag and deposit it to the storage room flag ?
- Grab the antroot at the mill farm flag and deposit it to the storage room tables/shelves ?
- Grab the antroot at the storage room flag and deposit it to the storage room tables/shelves
- Grab the water at the antroot farm flag and deposit it to the storage room flag ?
- Grab the water at the antroot farm flag and deposit it to the storage room room tables/shelves ?
- Grab the water at the storage room flag and deposit it to the storage room tables/shelves
- Grab the flour at the mill farm flag and deposit it to the storage room flag ?
- Grab the flour at the mill farm flag and deposit it to the storage room room tables/shelves ?
- Grab the flour at the storage room flag and deposit it to the storage room tables/shelves
- Go deposit some antroot at the mill room flag ?
- Go deposit some water at the antroot farm flag ?
- Go deposit some flour at the antroot farm flag ?
- Grab antroot, water and floor anywhere else on the ground and deposit it to the storage room flag ?
- Grab antroot, water and floor anywhere else on the ground and deposit it to the storage room tables/shelves
- Grab antroot, water and floor anywhere else at some other rooms flag and deposit it to the storage room flag ?
- Grab antroot, water and floor anywhere else at some other rooms flag and deposit it to the storage room tables/shelves ?

millImp :
- Grab some antroot at his room flag and put it in the mill
- Grab the flour in the mill and deposit it at his room flag
- Go deposit the flour at the storage room flag ?
- Go deposit the antroot at the mill room flag ?

If someone who knows for sure could strike the wrong assumptions / add new ones Smile
My understanding is that currently, only imps not assigned to any room will get water from a well. So farmimps wouldn't get water from a well or store room. A free imp would get water from the well and deposit it at the nearest room flag, in this case the antroot farm room flag. If that water wasn't needed for watering the antroots, the storeimp would come and pick it up and take it to the store room flag, then pick it up and place it on a shelf. later, when the antroot farm needs water, the store room imp would then deliver that water to the antroot farm flag, provided a free imp doesn't deliver water from the well first
The Golden One!