Solved & Confirmed 0.7d - Game Crashes after long time running - memory leak
I usually leave my computer running, like... for ever. Not very eco-friendly, I know, but thats how I roll. There's been a couple of nights where I went to bed and left the game open, in the menu and out of focus, only to wake up and realizing that it's not open anymore.
Today I had it running for a couple of hours, playing it now and then, when suddenly in the middle of a game it crashed unexpectedly. I wasn't doing anything special that I hadn't do a hundred times before.

But this time I managed to save the report:
[attachment=134]

By the way, the crash report popup still says that we should go to http://www.forum.dwelvers.com Smile

Not sure if relevant, but at the time of the crash I had 45 imps, 10 orcs, 3 fishmen and 3 sneaky bastards running around, but that didn't seem to affect the performance. I was in the process of seeing how many imps could the game sustain before imploding.

PS: There's so many imp puns that I can't resist!

PS2: Sorry to break the no-crashes-yetstreak Sad
Thank you, added to the list of Bugs/Issues & Crashes!

I haven't checked for memory leaks in a while, once I do I am pretty certain that this situation will be solved Smile
Ah, those wonderful memory leaks, one of the great features of C++. Tongue
[Image: 11619898803_7d3a89e6bd_n.jpg]
The Golden One!
It is not that serious Smile I have a memory manager that warns me what it is that don't get cleaned up. It is just that having it running takes some cpu power so with the latest changes I had it turned off and forgot to make a final check.
Of course, which is why I was being Unserious, Ras, and giving you a little Raz. Tongue
The Golden One!
All the memory leaks found and solved. There were a few illegal deletations as well that could have caused the game to crash. Hopefully this will solve the bug..

But just to be sure I will leave the game running when I go to bed and then we will see the result when I wake up. I haven't been able to reproduce any crash at all in the 0.7d version, so even if it don't crash when I leave it running for a long time I can't be sure that this issue is solved.
You might want to try running it on a computer with more limited memory. I'm assuming you have a very supped-up super machine for your developing work, so you may just have so much RAM available that the leak doesn't fill it all up and trigger long-play that crash.
The Golden One!
I did run it on my laptop today during 4 hours without a crash.

Hmm, so I will put this one as solved, but if it isn't we will have to revisit it after the 0.7e release.
New version released, this bug is solved but need confirmation!
Excess or anyone here - I assume this crash is no more?
Spec: Win 10, ATI 7800 HD, res: 1280x1024x75. I support The Venus Project & Resource-Based Economy
the longest time i had the game running was about 8 hours ( cant let my pc run over night caus its in my bedroom and produces a lot of heat )