Solved & Confirmed 0.7d - Creature needs
i think the creatures tend to their needs too late sometimes they down to 18 percent bfore they eat or sleep

im worried that some might starve if i have a prolonged battle ( i got a connected area with at least 4 portals and 6 impanzee rooms om my map )
(26-06-2014, 03:44 PM)Aische1984 Wrote: ( i got a connected area with at least 4 portals and 6 impanzee rooms om my map )
Damn, that sounds fun, do you happen to remember the seed used?
no sorry
does the game change the seed everytime you start a new game ?
if not i could look it up for you
(26-06-2014, 03:44 PM)Aische1984 Wrote: i think the creatures tend to their needs too late sometimes they down to 18 percent bfore they eat or sleep

im worried that some might starve if i have a prolonged battle ( i got a connected area with at least 4 portals and 6 impanzee rooms om my map )

I've been noticing this myself. This frequently causes me to get spammed with creature needs warnings, only to find out the creature was just procrastinating on eating or sleeping. I agree that creatures should see to their needs sooner, so they don't starve if there is a long battle, a long walk to the nearest bar/bed room, or a lineup to get a seat/bed, or any delivery delays to a bar room.

Any little delay with a creature waiting so long to tend to its needs leaves a very fine line and no room for delays or errors in solving it's needs.
[Image: 11619898803_7d3a89e6bd_n.jpg]
The Golden One!
I will make it so that they will start eating and sleeping when they are 50% down instead.
Added to the list of Bugs/Issues & Crashes.
When do they start looking do solve their needs now? If it's at something like 20% then 50% may be overkill in the other direction. I don't think we want them being lazy sleepyheads or overeating gluttons any more then we want them to be stupid idiots that wait until they're almost dead to finally deal with an issue, well, except maybe for the Piggehs, those look like they should be lazy sleepyhead gluttons. Tongue
The Golden One!
maybe a go eat / sleep button in the creature detail menu would be a good addition so you are able to "refill" them before you go to war Smile
or maybe a genaral tend to your needs we are about to fight order for all fighters
I like that. For a game like this, I'm a big fan of automation with an optional manual override for when the automation fails due to unusual circumstances that couldn't be taken into account by the automation.
The Golden One!
Has anyone experienced a death due to starvation yet?
Not because of the procrastination issue yet, but had a bad setup when I first started back and lost all my Orcs to starvation.
I have had them starving at some points, but that was because the production chain failed, and when the warning came that the Orcs were hungry it took to long time for me to get the production up to order again.

I have no problem with this myself, because there should be some challenge, and it is up to the player to have some food stored just in case something goes wrong. But I agree that it is not fun to send the creatures into battle when you know that they only have 25% food.

Maybe the player should be able to send out orders to prepare the creatures for certain events that is about to happen. Like "Prepare your creatures for battle", and they will all focus on getting their food and sleep.

So... This gave me an even bigger idea..
What if we the player could have different "dungeon modes" like.
- Explore and produce.
- Prepare for battle.
- Defend your dungeon.
(These may not be the best, just something I came up with to present my idea.)

And these different modes could make the creatures prioritize different things.
That really makes sense and it goes back to the whole Imp Priorities topic which is kinda spread out across several threads. Excess broke it down a bit here, but having Dungeon Mode could really help Imps be more productive. I think 3 options would be plenty like you have there. Essentially Passive: tasks are prioritized for exploration/production, Aggressive: [tasks are prioritized around battle areas], and Defensive: [tasks that prioritize rebuilding defenses and rescuing soldiers]
IMO exploration should be it's own dungeon mode, that task has the potential to shut the whole dungeon down if a big enough area gets broken into with few enough available free imps.

IMO those would be great as defaults, but still with the ability to override them with custom priorities for anything that just doesn't quite fit a pre-built default.
The Golden One!
Solved with the next version!
They will keep their food, drink and rest level above 50% unless there are a rally flag out there calling them.
I also made it so that the the dungeon general status bar for food, drink and rest are calculated a little bit different.
In 0.7d it collects all the creatures % values of the stat comparing to the max stat and then divide it with the number of creatures checked.
In 0.7e it will collect all the creatures and check how many of them that needs food / drink / rest and calculate the status bar after that instead. So a creature with 75% rest will still be calculated in the dungeon status bar that it has 100% rest, if the creature gets tired and are searching for a bed the status will calculate this as 50%, and if it is a emergency that the creature needs to sleep then the status bar will calculate this as 0%. In this way the player don't get the impression that he can improve the dungeon when there is really nothing he can do, because in the 0.7d version the creatures will not go to bed unless their sleep bar is below 25 % and this will show on the status bar.